It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

firemomlv HB User
herbs and vitamins

Hi I had a question. Has anyone tried Diabeticine? I believe it's herbal and contains cinnamon, bitter melon, and other extracts to naturally lower blood sugar. If so, has anyone seen the any results, along with eating well and talking their normal meds. I went in for a fasting test and my blood sugar came back 314. My doctor only put me on once a day, one pill, 500 mg Metformin. That seems low compared to what others are taking. So I was thinking of adding a suppliment to see if I can get better results. Thanks for any help

Old 03-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
(male)

ZV7 HB User
Re: herbs and vitamins

I have read allot about Diabeticine but have not tried it. As Iíve shared in another post here on this board, there are a number of herbs, minerals, vitamins, etc. which say they help lower your blood sugar: Cinnamon, Blueberry Extract, Zinc Gluconate, and Chromium GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor) are most common, but there are others like Mega T Green Tea capsules, which also helps with weight lost, and Diabeticine, which as youíve stated is a combination of natural herbs. Iíve had some good results with Chromium GTF and Green Tea combined.

Diabetes has become a big business industry; both on the traditional treatment side as well as the alternative medicine side, and we as diabetics are the target of fancy marketing and great claims. As Iíve said Iíve never used Diabeticine so I can not give you an opinion based on experience. It does seem to posses allot of the herbs which lower blood sugar and I passed it by primarily because of its price, about $75.00 per bottle, when I can go to Amazon. COM, put in the names of some of the herbs Iíve mentioned above, and pay about $5 to $10 per bottle. So in all honesty, price was the main reason I passed it by. You can research all of the herbs here on the internet which say they lower blood sugar, and allot of them have testimonials and some even have money back offers. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Last edited by ZV7; 03-29-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: herbs and vitamins

With a fasting of 314, you need to be working closely with your doctor to get your numbers back into a normal range. It's possible he started you off on a low dose of Metformin to see how much you react to it and to help minimize any side effects. Are you testing your blood, and if so, how often? You need to be testing and keeping track of the results so that you can inform your doctor of how the Metformin is working. Also, did your doctor schedule you for a follow-up visit within a couple of weeks? If not, you may need to find a better doctor.

You can try the herbal supplements but, frankly, with a blood sugar level that high, you need to find a way to get it under control sooner, rather than later. Heaven only knows how high it's going after you eat. It's okay to wait a few weeks to see what the metformin does, but do not let too much time go by before you seek more help.

Ruth

Closed Thread