It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2001, 11:57 AM   #1

Dutch HB User
Post Itching and burning feet

Ihave itching and burning feet. Can anyone tell me if this is common and what I can do to help this situation

------------------

Old 01-19-2001, 03:26 PM   #2

TiredALot51 HB User
Dear Dutch:

I know a woman with diabetes and she told me
that extra care is needed for the feet. She
said that sometimes the disease affects the
feet and that they must be kept clean and
try. The itching might be due to dry skin
and perhaps you could find some medicated
lotion to use. Try GoldBond (it is supposed
to be good for itching).

In any event, ask your doctor.

Sincerely,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2001, 07:21 PM   #3

Fullscale50 HB User
First of all you must get your blood sugar level checked. I have diabetes type ll and about the only symptom that am aware of is a fairly high level of neuropathy (loss of feeling) in the lower legs and feet and to some extent in my penis.
Not to stray from the issue, the symptoms you are describing are they more noticable when you are lying down in bed?
Also do have any loss of sensation in the soles of your feet? A classic analogy to describe the beginnings of neuropathy is perhaps you might feel you are standing on a ball of tissue paper but when you look there is nothing there.
The burning and itching you describe I still experience even though I have such a high level of deadness in my feet.
In fact only someone who has this condition could know, but the feet are on the one way numb but can also be painful if some one treads on it.
I hope you find that there is some other cause for your condition and I wish to give you hope not be the bearer of bad news. But get yourself a blood glucose check first. Good luck!
Please let us know how you get on.

[This message has been edited by Fullscale50 (edited 01-19-2001).]

Old 01-21-2001, 09:20 AM   #4
Inactive

danno HB User
Thumbs up

It is somewhat common. It can be treated with aloe vera-based soap and aloe vera lotion.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-22-2001).]

Old 01-22-2001, 06:12 AM   #5

Dutch HB User
Hello again, Thank you for all of your suggestions. I should start by explaining that I was diagosed with diabities the 1st.week of Dec. I had broken my foot and it wouldn't heal. I had been fighting that almorst a year,so my foot Dr. had tests taken ,and sure enough I had diabeties. I went to my Dr. and I am on oral medicine now. It seems to be working well for me. I mentioned to him about my feet. He said I shouldn't have trouble yet,but they are definatly numb,burning itching. I have no visavle sore and they look in better shape than I have had in a long time. I go back next week to Dr. and will get him to listen this time. I have read of some medicine to use. Also I will try things from your suggestions. Thanks for listening it helps me. I have been in alot of denial with this and this is good therapy for me.

Closed Thread