It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2002, 12:43 PM   #1

susieq35 HB User
Unhappy pain bloating and digestion

Hi all i am new to this board. Like most searching for answers. I am a female type 1 diabetic 35 years of age with diabetes for 22 years and 5 shots a day.I have alot of knowlege on diabetes and hope to share and to receive information. Recently in the last 6 months i have developed terrible digestive problems bloating vomiting cramping and periods of constipation lasring up to 2 weeks. The doctors dont seem to think they can do much but i hope they are wrong besides industrial strenth laxitives that dont work previcd and reglan which do not work i am stuck i have lost 15 pounds yet been unable to fit in my clothes due to the bloating which is very painfull and uncomfortable. I have no where else to go for answers yes i do have gastroparathesis which i did not spell right but those who are famarial with it know what i am talking about. I have had scopes up both ends and still they seem unable to find anything to help me. Please if anyone has experienced this or knows anything about please let me know.
thanks
Susan

Old 10-19-2002, 04:07 PM   #2

dabearded1 HB User
Lightbulb

I spend a lot of time researching alternative therapies for diabetes. I have been a diabetic for 37 years, and feel better today than I did ten years ago.
To answer your concern, there are two things that you should check out on the alternative side:
1). Magnesium. Diabetics are almost always extemely low in the mineral. If you are in good with your doc, have their lab do a intercellular measurement of your magnesium level. I imagine it is rock bottom. Magnesium is a good place to start with the digestive problems/gas/bloating.
2). Wild Oregano. This can assist in clearing digestive problems too. It can also help with infection and other common diabetic problems.
Do your own research on these two things and I bet you will be suprised at what is written.
Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2002, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have problems with horrible pain and bloating. I go to the doctor in 2 weeks. I am going to talk to him about your suggestions.

Tink

Old 10-20-2002, 10:19 AM   #4

susieq35 HB User
Smile

Thanks so much for the information...my doctor is very good with alterative and i find that they work sometimes alot better than perscription. thanks!
suzie

Closed Thread