It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2003, 07:48 PM   #1

Mustang95 HB User
Angry Type 2 shaking legs really BAD!!!

I have type 2 diabetes; my sugars are all over the place. I am on meds and I'm slowly getting under control. My legs are constantly shaking. I've noticed it gets worse after I eat. Even worse if I've eaten something with sugar. Out of control if it's a lot of sugar I took in. I'm being treated for the shaking from the point that's its part of depression and not a diabetic issue or insulin issue. Is there anyone out there that has experienced something similar to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
It's not usual for a diabetic to experience low blood sugars right after eating, although that CAN happen to people with chronic HYPOglycemia.

However, you could try to cut back on carbohydrates and eat more protein, and see if that makes any difference for you. Also, test your blood glucose several times a day for now...fasting, and then before most meals and occasionally test 2 hours after a meal. That will give you a good idea of what's happening as far as how food is affecting your blood glucose.

You mentioned that you feel the shaking most of the time, but that it gets worse after eating, and the more sugar you eat the worse it gets. Are you feeling guilty about what you're eating? It's possible it could be psychological, although I wouldn't leap to that conclusion from the little info you've given. However, if you ARE feeling guilty, please, please, be kind to yourself! Rome wasn't built in a day, and it will take some time for you to change old eating habits and substitute better ones. Just try to change one or two things at a time and don't beat yourself up if you slip up occasionally. If you do slip up and give in to temptation, try to cut back on your carbs for the rest of that day and get a bit extra exercise.

[This message has been edited by SamQKitty (edited 06-16-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #3

Mustang95 HB User
Thanks for the info, but the shaking I'm talking about is not actually from a low blood sugar. Right now I'm lucky if I see something as low as 130. I was on a med that brought my sugars down too low and I got the whole sweat, pale, hot deal. This shaking is specific to my legs. What I feel is a tingle sensation and an uncontrolled urge to shake. Its way different then blood sugar too low or even too high. It is almost like saying I'm allergic to insulin. I'm told I produce insulin, just don't use it very well. So I have to figure my body sends it out when I eat. So it tries to send more based on the sugar/food I take in. Now my body may not use it, but it seems I react from it. It's really weird I know.

Closed Thread