It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
experiencing very low blood sugars

I have been having a dilema of a sorts in the lst 2 days with in 2 hrs after eating a hearty meal i have had my blood sugars drop to exterme lows one was 44 and then the next day if happened again where it dropped to 42 this is after eating a meal and it had been at least an hr or so after the meal now my dr just recently increase one of my pills because she said the sugars were doing good but she really wanted to have them lower.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Pebble Beach HB User
Re: experiencing very low blood sugars

Hi. I just read your post about low blood sugars. I have been diabetic for almost 3 years now.

Initially when I was diagnosed I was in the hospital not know what was wrong with me. The diagnosis or part of the problem was Diabetes Type II.

My blood sugar at the time of diagnosis was 1500!! Yes I said 1500 plus. So after getting a lot of problems under control, kidney failure, getting the blood sugar to a decent level I was discharged and put on Novolog 3 times a day at meals and Lantus at bedtime. My dosage has varied over the past years. Currently I take 14 units at breakfast, 12 units at lunch and 18 units of novolog at meals and Lantus I take 36 units at bedtime.

As to the low blood sugar it would normally occur late at night or the very early morning hours. My lowest reading was about 45. It seems like I would get several low readings within a short period of time then I would get normal readings for a long period of time. Recently the only thing that was adjusted was the Lantus since it occurred in the evenings. I was on 45 units of Lantus then it was lowered to 38 units then 36 units.

Could you low readings be due to the amount of medication you are taking. What medications are you on?

It's a terrible feeling when the blood sugar drops. I usually don't have any warning signs. I usually get lightheaded, break out into sweats and feel weak. Hope you get your sugar levels more stabilized.

Allan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
Re: experiencing very low blood sugars

actually im on metformin 1000 mg 2 x a day and rosiglitazone maleate 4 mg 1 x a day

Closed Thread