It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

Jamie2703 HB User
Need Advice...

Hi everyone, I usually post on the thyroid board because I'm HypoT, but I've been a little concerned about my blood sugar lately and I was needing everyone else opinion on this matter. I went to my Family doc about some dizziness and fatigue, very bad spells of it, she suspected adrenal cancer because of all of my symptoms and ordered a cat scan of my abdomen. (Which came back normal) But at this visit she checked my B12 levels and blood sugar. Just to let you know why I don't really trust this doc anymore, my B12 came back at 171 range 200-1100, and she told me to "eat more vegetables".....yeah. So anyway, I went to get a copy of all my labs for my Endo and saw my blood sugar was 108....which she told me that day was normal. But she never asked if I had eaten anything....my test was done at 9:30 am, and I had not eaten or drank anything since 7:30 pm the night before. The paper I was given said 108 h...which I knew then was considered high by the lab. I dont know if she assumed I ate breakfast or not, so I was wondering if this could be insulin resistance. In the past 2 years I have added on ALOT of weight in my stomach especially in the upper middle, which has always been flat. Since I was a little concerned about the blood sugar level, my moms boyfriend used his meter on me while I was visiting, and 45 minutes after I ate it was 159...but we forgot to take it again 2 hours later, so I don't know if that result of 159 is useful or not. My Endo hasn't said anything about the result to me, so I don't know if he considers it normal too, or just didn't pay attention to that part because he is just treating me for Hypo, even though Diabetes is his specialty. I go to see him next month, should I mention this to him? Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

TLValiant HB User
Re: Need Advice...

Jamie,

I have had insulin resistance and PCOS for the last couple of years or so. My insulin has always been very high, at the last blood test it was over 200 which the normal is in the 20's. My fast glucose had always been normal until this last test however. I had a fasting glucose of 118. My endo told me that I am now pre-diabetic. I do not know exactly what this means, she is actually going to go over the results with me at my next appt next month. I would certainly ask your endo to go over the results with you and tell him/her your concerns.

Terry

Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

A3wxOX0 HB User
Re: Need Advice...

Always mention any concerns you have to your doctor, no matter how small they are. They will either tell you it's fine or investigate further. Remember, a doctor is only as good as the information they have. Any good doctor isn't going to get mad or dismissive because you raise concerns or ask questions. If they do it's time to start looking for a new one.

Closed Thread