It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question Okay, everyone..what makes YOUR sugars rise?

What foods really raise YOUR sugar levels?
For me, rice does this..and does it too well, I'm afraid! I wil miss having sushi..that is all I can say to that! But, if there is any possible way to make a sushi another way...would you let me know? I would sooo appreciate that!!

I also get raised sugars on the cookies that I love..either with sugar alcohols or mostly the regular kinds from Starbucks that I am NOT supposed to be eating!! I am going to work on being better...because I truly want to lose the tummy that I soooo didn't ask for!! LOL!
I am also trying to look better,and feel better..and I sort of have a goal...in September I will be heading out to Seattle, for a fiftieth wedding anniversary..and I just wanna look "hot!" LOL!

I keep walking..and I do happen to know that walking already had helped me out , but, I still wanna keep up with this! I am going to try to stop eating the "garbage",and eat a lot healthier instead!!!
Anybody have any other ideas for working out, besides , walking, swimming, or yoga?(something that is gentle) Oh, I also, lift five lbs weights...to strengthen the arms and to get rid of the fat underneath the arms!!! tee hee!

But if you have any wonderful ideas...please let me know!

I would really appreciate the help!!

thanks!

nightowl2
: :

Last edited by nightowl2; 08-29-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
(female)

Ree125 HB User
Re: Okay, everyone..what makes YOUR sugars rise?

Hello nightowl,
I was reading your thread and I thought perhaps I can share with you some things that I know already. I have an idea for your sushi alternative. You should go to the health food store in your area if you have one and look for a good hearty whole grain rice. like a wild rice. and use that instead for your sushi. (not sure if you make it yourself, but if you don't that something that would be fun to learn how to do). I have heard from lots of great sources that whole grain is a complex carbohydrate. the body takes longer for your metabolism to break the food down so it doesn't raise blood sugar levels so dramatically. It happens like a slow release process. Plus whole grains burn more calories during digestion than protein or fat does. But please only use whole grains sparingly. No more than the size of your palm a day if you are trying to lose weight. Or for faster results only eat everyother day. Definitly turn towards your vegetables. they are also a carbohydrate but there are certain vegetables that you can eat alot of without facing the consequences. mushrooms,lettuce,broccolli,leafy greens, asparagus..just to name the few that I know of so far. It would help to look at the glycemic index food chart, which you can find online and print it out. THere are alot of vegetables that are low on the list. eat more of these. great vitamin and mineral supplement and high fiber which is what is the key for removing fat, especially around the middle. When choosing protein sources, hopely you like fish, fish metabolizes fast therefore your more out of danger of your body trying to use the remainder of it to store as fat. oh, and you should only consume 2-4 oz of protein at each meal, that about how much your body can metabolize at one time without storing the rest. If you don't like fish. then turkey is another meat source for protein. it's always lean. Eggs are another great source. eat 5-6 times a day and try to include protein in every meal. exercise often, and relax as much as possible. I'll be going to the stress sight to get some info about that to. Stress releases corticole steroids which can cause water retention, and your body holding on to weight as a means of survival. Well that's all the info I know. hope it helps. You can ask me more specifics though. I just had to give a general overview because I'd be writing a novel if I didn't. I really have learned alot, but that's because I'm inquiring like you are. One more thing. If your experiencing psychological problems as a problem issue, deal with it psychologically and not nutritionally. Meaning don't turn to food when the real issue isn't about food at all. We have to learn to deal with our emotions and not let our minds beat us. wish you all the luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread