It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
(male)

AlanPi HB User
Unhappy No Diabetes - But still extreme thirst in the early morning and sweat breakouts?

I wonder if anyone else knows or have experienced this?

I am 35 and passed the glucose tolerance test. No family member with diabetic history.

But I experience extreme thirst, especially in the morning, from periods to periods. This would happen every 6~9 month than go away, and this last one is especially worst, having lasted 2 months now.

I don't know what causes the extreme thirst, but it wakes me up early in the morning and is distressing me with lack of sleep. I also experience thirst after a fatty lunch meal, and urinate often in the afternoon hours.

One of the symptoms is that I will breakout a cold sweat after a fatty meal, and often have diarrhea/steatorrhea, though not always.

I have since changed to a better diet, and exercise regularly. The exercise helped in the beginning, but not much anymore.

If anyone has any knowledge that can possibly diagnose/improve the situation, please share your thoughts!

TIA!

-Alan

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
I found out today that I probably have diabetes. onlyglass Diabetes 3 06-10-2008 04:19 AM
Should I be screened for Diabetes? ta2d Diabetes 13 02-15-2008 08:29 PM
Diabetes Type 2 Heylucy Diabetes 3 12-09-2007 06:20 PM
Sweet smelling urine - not diabetes cali_student Urology 0 09-25-2007 01:50 PM
Extreme Thirst Always Related to Diabetes? Baybreeze Diabetes 2 07-04-2006 09:27 AM