It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
(male)

James Wolfe HB User
Very scared of Diabetes

Hi

I am concerned about getting Diabetes. I have checkups for my blood suger every 4 months and every time I come back with exellent results. My last blood suger test was 6.3 which is 7 points lower then the peak of becoming Diabetic. I have these symptoms recently that may show that I have diabetes. These symptoms are

01. Dry Mouth
02. Moderatly More Hungry
03. Fatigue
04. Impotence
05. Blurry Vision
06. Headaches

I am 25 years old, I am sadly obese at 239 pounds, but the good news I have lost about 61 pounds in 1 year, I use to weigh 300 Pounds. I sadly dont get enough exercise because I suffer from terrible balance problems which by exercising makes it worse, I am howerver started a little exercise a 2 months ago.

I have a few questions!

How long does Type 2 Diabetes take to Devolope?

Can Axiety cause Diabetic type Symptoms?

Can Diabetes devolope in 5 months ( My last blood and urine suger tests were done in January)?

How long does Pre-Diabetes last before it transforms into Type 2 Diabetes?

My diet has improved over the last months, I am eating less sugery foods, and I am eating more vegables. I feel I am going out of my mind, because when ever I get these symptoms, I go to the doctor and get my blood and urine tested for Diabetes and comeback with flying colors and I am reashured for a 2 months and after that I am back with the symptoms and worry, I am at the end of my rope and I am sick and tired of worrying, I wish I could get some advice and a little support. I am a terribel hypochondriac I admit it and I have turned into a Cyberchondriac and I cant seem to get out of it. Hyperchondria and Cyberchondria is ruining my life.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
(female)

daisycolors65 HB User
Re: Very scared of Diabetes

James, nice to meet you. Hi I'm daisycolors. I have a daughter with type 1 and I am type 2 depending on what I eat and drink. My daughters A1c was 6.3 when she was diagnosed. I can have a glucose tolerance test and be diabetic or non diabetic depending on what I choose.
I'm very glad to know that you are spending so much time researching. Education is key!!! Great job with the weight loss. Losing weight comes as you eat and drink properly. You mentioned that you have been exercising. We have a rebounder at home that is perfect for even the laziest. In my research I am learning that disease cannot live in an alkaline enviroment. What we must do is to clean up the internal terrain.
You must know that everyone says type 1's have to have insulin to live. My daughter follows a program and does not require insulin. She is much healthier now than ever before.
Now to answer and comment on some of your questions or statements. The symptoms you have listed are all related to diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can develop at anytime. It seems to be determined by how you live, eat, and drink. So, yes anxiety could bring about diabetic symptoms. Stresses or lack of or how we handle them plays an important role in our health. Here is one example. I check my daughter's urine ph throughtout the day. Neutral urine ph is 7.0 and I want it higher than that so when she encounters acids and has a stressful situation she has alkaline reserves to withstand the acids. Our blood ph is 7.365 and it must maintain that level to sustain life. When we put into our bodies food and drinks that are -31.0 the blood in the body has to take whatever it needs from where ever it needs to maintain the proper blood ph. We can choose to eat alkaline foods so our blood can begin to repair the damage we have caused. It takes 20 parts of alkalinity to offset one part of acidity. The program I found is called, "The pH Miracle for Diabetes".
Today, she lost a tooth and that stresses her out. Therefore, I expect her urine ph will drop. I will give her pHour salts to bring it back up. These are carbonate salts made to quickly bring the body into an alkaline state. I would prefer she not get stressed, but she does. Stress creates acid and puts our bodies out of wack.
Do you know that you can test your blood sugar at home? You can also buy test strips to test your urine for sugar. A free way to check for sugar in the urine is to pour your urine on newspaper and put in the sun to dry. When it dries if you see shiny crystals that is sugar. If you see a dried newpaper there is not sugar in your urine. We do those tests along with checking for ketones.
I wish you the best it is up to you. You can learn to live, eat, and drink your way to a healthy and a long life unless you get run over by a truck.
How tall are you? Your weight might not be too bad. Impotence is a sign that I believe can be corrected and at your age you surely want that corrected.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
(female)

lilbit1973 HB User
Re: Very scared of Diabetes

The good thing about you James is, that while you may have developed diabetes, it sounds like you are one of the "lucky ones" that will be able to completely control it once you lose weight and eat a proper diet. I am not so fortunate, as I weigh 98 pounds, exercise daily and it is still very much there. 6.3 could certainly be diabetes, as mine runs 5.2-5.6. You need to first, see your doctor and have an oral glucose tolerance test, if or when it is confirmed, and EVEN IF YOU DON'T have it, for the sake of your health and developing it later (or sooner) you need to get into SOME sort of exercise, even if it is floor exercises as well as a proper and healthy diet. You will be AMAZED how quickly the weight will come off when you lower your carbs and eat only the "good" carbs. Have your doctor send you to a registered dietician asap! As far as the cyberchondria...all I can tell you, is that somehow, you need to force yourself to find a hobby or something else to do and force yourself to STOP SEARCHING the internet for illnesses. That is no way to live and you are wasting time doing this, when you could be doing something FOR yourself, instead of TO yourself and your mental health. Everytime you find yourself getting ready to go searching for another illness, MAKE yourself just shut the computer down completely and go do something else. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Closed Thread