It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
could this be a sign of hypoglycemic?

I am pregnant and had a three hour glucose test today and I want get the results back until Monday. The first hour I was fine didn't feel really bad then the second hour I was starting to get sick dizzy lighthead and stuff started getting blurry just felt bad. By the time I got to the 3rd hour I was horrible sick shaking,headache,sweating,dizzy,faint feeling, really weak feeling, and as a pale as a ghost. So when they took that blood they *****ed my fingure to see what was going on and I was at a 56 then. They rushed me out and told me to get food pretty fast by the time we got in the eating place I had to sit and my husband fix my plate for me I couldn't hold myself up anymore. I felt really crazy because I was eating like someone had starved me.
I don't go to the dr again until the 7/28 to talk to him but does this sound like I could be hypoglycemic?
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 07-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User
Re: could this be a sign of hypoglycemic?

yes, 56 with symptoms could mean you are hypoglycemic. I don't have experience with pregnancy, but it could be related. I would definitely keep eating small meals every 2 hours and wait to see what the doctor has to say about it. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Thanks for the reply.
When I was younger 14 something like that I was told I was hypogycemic so I have always made sure I didn't skip meals I hate feeling like I do when it drops it honestly drains me or all energy for the rest of the day.
It seems to of got alot worse since I got pregnant I have to eat more often or I start feeling it coming and I know I have to get something pretty fast.

I took my one hour and I don't know what happened but something went wrong somewhere my sugar was 168 (not fasting) they(the lab women) told me I could eat dinner so I did and drank the mixture about 30-45 mins after I ate. So with the high reading I had to come back for the 3hr fasting test. I told them I that when I was younger the dr.s told me I was hypo and they(the lab women again) played it off they said with my sugar that high after the 1hr there is no way I am hypo.
I after the 1hr I kept a watch on my sugar at home and I kept it around 76-83.
Until I can talk to a dr I'm gonna keep doing what I have been for years now and just watch it and make sure.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 07-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User

Also whether hyper or hypo, a diet high in low fat protein, such as fish, chicken, turkey, soy, low fat cheese, should even out your blood sugar.

A small amount of "good" fat such as nuts (pro and fat) peanut butter (pro and fat), olive or canola oil, or margarine without trans fats, such as smart balance with meals/snacks, will also slow down your digestion and keep BSs stable.

Finally, try to avoid simple carbs found in desserts, candy, regular soda etc.
These may give you a short amount of energy but will wreck havoc on your blood sugar, with highs and lows.

Remember, especially the last part of your pregnancy, your baby is growing the most. - Therefore your protein and calorie needs are the highest, at that time, and you will need more of both. Frequent meals and snacks are important.

Best wishes.
Leea

Old 07-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I've never been a big sweet fan so staying away from them is easy. If I drink sodas they are diet so thats not a problem. I have learned as an adult to eat healthy as a teenager I didn't do so good.

I am 24 weeks and the only problem I am having is the sugar thing I can't eat much at a time and everyone laughs and makes fun of me because it seems I'm always eating.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 07-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I got my 3 hr results back I don't have gestational diabetes. but hypoglycemic??? what do you think here is my results......

fasting 73
one hr 161
two hr 91
three hr 50
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User

It sounds like you have some reactive hypoglycemia. DId you feel badly during the test with numbers in the 50s? The best thing you can do is to avoid high carb meals and eat some carbohydrate and protein every two hours throughout the day. That's probably all an endo would have you do at this point since you aren't spiking up too high. (I have a very severe form of reactive hypo which is early stage T1. It can't be diet controlled at all. ON my GTT, I hit 314 [I go high during every day life too, hence the pre-T1] in hour 2, and 32 in hour 3. Just waiting for the pancreas to stop working honestly, it would be nice not to be 50 every half hour of the day!) Good luck, and I hope you can control your numbers well!

Closed Thread