It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
(female)

taguester HB User
Advandia/Actos..Side effects...Somethings wrong with me! HELP!

Hey I am just looking for a little help here.

About three years ago, when I was a junior in high school I ended up diagnosed with insulin resistance and was put on first actos then advandia.

Actos made me horribly sick I could barely get off the couch and just wanted to sleep and vomit all day, the continued for a couple weeks until I contacted the doctor.

The doctor decided to put me on advandia instead. It seemed to not affect me as much as the prior medication but there were still issues. I was very active in sports and about the time I started in on the advandia was basketball conditioning time I suddenly couldnt keep a good enough breath to run and I could push myself like I used to to keep going and finish what we were supposed to be doing.

I was on advandia for a few months when I went to another doctor for a diffrent issue and told him about the problems I was having and he told me that A. I was too young to be on advandia and B. it should not be taken with another medication the same doctor had put me on and C. I didnt have insulin resistance....

Since then I have developed a form of narcolepsy called hypersomnia. I am convinced that one or both of these medications affected me negativly. I am just looking for some answers. The extreme tiredness started when I started taking these meds and just esscalated until I finally went to see a neurologist. I am just looking for some answers. If you know anything please help me out!!!

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread