It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

hatesoy HB User
Sugar problems?

I posted in the allergy section because that is where the majority of my problems are. And I guess I was hoping to pass this off as a sugar sensitivity since my body seems to be sensitive to everything that goes in it. Anyway, I know my sugar has been tested, but now I want to make sure, and I can't remember when it was. The main problems I have, is that sugar makes me groggy; foggy headed and sleepy depending on how much. And sometimes I just have to take a nap to sleep it off.

A few weeks ago, I tried a Jones caffiene free cola (they have pure cane sugar) and I swore I would NEVER drink another one. Then yesterday I drank a Coke Zero (trying to see if sugar free would help) and it didnt really make me sleepy, but I had bad brain fog and kind of dizzy. And today I ate a sugar free Jolly Rancher and had the same similiar brain fog/dizzy although more minor.

When I have laid off the sugar for a while, I felt better than ever before. And when I am totally fasting, I have more energy and better brain function.

I would rather try something inexpensive at home to see if I need to go to the Dr. So, what does this sound like? And if its a red flag, is there some inexpensive test i could buy at Walmart or something?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
(female)

lilbit1973 HB User
Re: Sugar problems?

You could buy a meter (some are as cheap as $20) and test yourself. Test your fasting (first thing in the morning), test 2hrs after the START of a meal and test when you feel this foggy/dizzy episode and let us know what your numbers are. That should help give you a good indication as to whether or not you are having issues with your sugar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread