It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

snowsweetie1 HB User
Scared of pregnancy complications (Type 1)

Hello all. New to the board...this is my 1st post. I have been Type 1 for almost 14 yrs. It is under good control right now with insulin and I am picking up on my exercise, Whoo hooo!!!!!!! (excited, can't you tell!) I have been married for almost 2 yrs and REALLY looking fwd to having children, however, I am extremely nervous and scared that something will go wrong or my condition will worsen and then my child's life will be in danger. Can any of the T1 females diagnosed before pregnancy give me some advice, since you've experienced this 1st hand? I mean, I realize I have to keep my BS looking good and control my diet while pregnant, but what else? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
(female)

lilbit1973 HB User
Re: Scared of pregnancy complications (Type 1)

Sorry, I'm just a T2'er So I'm not sure, although I was diabetic while pregnant. But have youthought about talking to a high risk OB/GYN prior to getting pregnant? That may be your best bet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User
Re: Scared of pregnancy complications (Type 1)

Definitely go to an OBGYN for high risk pregnancies. They will know how to handle any situation that may arise. And yes, while you will have work to do, think about all the T1 women who have successfully had children! It can be done with a little work. As you said, its going to take careful BG monitoring and frequent checks for you and the baby. Most people go to an endo weekly for check ins. Good luck and I hope everything goes wonderfully!

Closed Thread