It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

SuzyQ0928 HB User
Wondering if this is the place to start?

Hello all and thank you in advance for any suggestions you might be able to make for my situation....

My history: Diagnosed in 2005 with MS and Arnold Chiari Malformation. In 2006 Diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, an auto-immune disease. My neurological symptoms have been increasing monthly, and I battle chronic fatigue, sleepless nights, restless legs, and chronic numbness/pain in extremeties. My BP has always been elevated...for as long as I can remember. My usual norm is 145/90'ish...usually mid 90's. No one seems to be concerned about this. I've also been fighting swelling in my lower legs and ankles recently.

I recently went to my Neuro complaining of burning feet. The top of my feet burn continually, and are only getting worse. I questioned him about Diabetes, because at my last blood work, my blood sugar level was elevated around 136. He said not to worry about that, because the blood work was not done during fasting. Hmmm....still, I questioned him but he assured me I was fine, that the symptoms I described were probably neurological.

Two weeks ago, my big toe became severly swollen, hot to touch (on fire actually) and was really red. It was also very painful. This lasted a few days and spread to the smaller toe next to it, and then the redness/hotness finally went away. I, of course, thought this was neurological.

Fast forward to now....my big toe is no longer red, but is still swollen, and starting to become cracked and hard. It's hard to explain....it sort of has a greyish appearance to it and this dryness/hardness is spreading. It's now affecting the toe next to it....the smaller toe that was previously inflamed as well.

Tonight both toe's got this shooting electric pain underneath them.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here, thinking that I might be diabetic? I've gained weight in the past year (at least 20lbs) and have chalked that up to all the med's they have me on. My BP is still elevated and I sweat like a pig at night and upon small exertion (cleaning the house leaves me drenched)...but I don't have any incredible thirst problem or a need to go to the bathroom more than normal.

Suggestions would be so much apreciated! Thanks for your help and understanding as to my worry about this.

SuzyQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread