It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

bev5493 HB User
Can you have both insulin resistance and reactive hypoglysemia PLEASE READ!!!!

Thanks again I am so sorry I am not sure still after 8 years and 4 suergeries gallbladder , hysterctomy, 3 sinus surgeries, and radiation for thyroid(pill) And finally a diag of low thyroid now and reactive hypoglcemia. I stop ed really wanting any answers . But I have severe headaches early morning sommetimes they will subside throughout the day sometimes I am in bed all day. I always feel as tho i am walking on a cloud, the dark i get really dizzy, and i have the episodes where all of a sudden i feel as tho i have the aftereffects of someone hitting me in the head with a hammer I am just sitting there and iam like woo and sometimes burping will release it. I also have like a air bubble that comes from my stomache and kinda like takes my breath away. I sometimes out of the blue will just start shaking real bad and feel as tho muy legs will just give way. Iam so tired all the time do not ever feel like partcipating with my family. Iam 47 and had polycystic ovarian diease took alot of years to get preg. I had a hyper thyroid with 6 nodules 2 hot 2 cold took radiation pill on a very small dose of thyroid med Also in my younger years they said I had congential adrenal hyperplasia missing a enzyme took steroid for about 2 years not since and have since tested neg for it.I aches everywhere even the bottom of my feet feel like bruises. I have been thru every test there is I think Did the Gtt and it went down to 30 and they said reactive hypoglycemia. But now yesterday I started to fell really bad and started to faint and my hubby checked sugar as a fluke and it was 383 10 min after eating and then like 10 min later it was 136 and went down . This morning when i woke up it was 86 aand iam afraid to eat any thing and keep checking it and it was 72 about 1 hr ago.I do have a appouintment with a gastro doctor next thurs Please any advice I really am at my wits end and want to live again I have been fighting whatever this is since the day I turned 40. Thanks again Bev

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
(female)

CindyB67 HB User
Re: Can you have both insulin resistance and reactive hypoglysemia PLEASE READ!!!!

The only thing that appears evident to me is that your bg is definitely dropping quickly, so that explains the shaky feeling and light headeness, but checking your bg right after eating really doesn't show an accurate reading which is why doctors do only 1 hour and 3 hour tests and we check either at after 2 hours or fasting levels. So your diagnosis of hypoglycemia would still hold evident to me, more so than insulin resistant.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User
Re: Can you have both insulin resistance and reactive hypoglysemia PLEASE READ!!!!

I disagree. You have reactive hypoglycemia AND insulin resistance. THe insulin resistance is what is making your BG hit the high 300s after eating (even 10 minutes after) since people with non-impaired glucose tolerance do not go that high, even after eating a container of ice cream topped with sugar. The reactive hypoglycemia is the low you experience after been that high. Your body pumps out too much insulin to cover the number and you go low. The treatment for both of those things is likely to be small frequent, low carb meals throughout the day.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Ditto what Wallis said. In fact, hypoglycemia is very often a precursor to type II diabetes.

Ruth

Old 08-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
(female)

CindyB67 HB User

Ok, I guess I am wrong, no problem I am still learning too

Closed Thread