It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
(male)

Tool80 HB User
Doc thinks I might have Diabetes

I went to the Doctor Yesterday complaining about numbness in my toes and sometimes in my legs.. I was a bit worried about maybe a blood clot..

She asked a ton of questions, and she asked about my family history of Diabetes.. Both of my Grand Parents have type 2..

Well about me, im 28 and im 5'7 weighing 180 lbs.. I feel fine for the most part, I do have IBS and hemorrhoids that runs in the family too..

Monday they want me to fast and they are testing me..

The Doc gave me some ibuprofen and some B12 pills..
Do these symptoms sound like Diabetes?

I thought worst case a blood clot or nerve was pinched..

Old 08-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tfkeel HB User
Re: Doc thinks I might have Diabetes

Well, you have a symptom and 2 risk factors.... your weight, and your family history. Your doctor is a wise and good doctor to test you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
(male)

Capitalsfan HB User
Re: Doc thinks I might have Diabetes

Hey Tool80,

The numbness in your toes and legs could be a sign of type 2 diabetes but there are so many different signs of diabetes. The most common signs of diabetes is a feeling of pins and needles in your feet and legs along with feeling very tired and sluggish.

I've been a diabetic for 27 years and when I was diagnosed with it, I was vomiting so much that even water wouldn't stay down. I was lightheaded and dizzy with stomach pains along with a thirst that could not be quenched with nothing at all.

Pay attention on what the doctor tells you about this because if you have type 2, you could control this with diet and exercise. If you don't take care of it and you have to start taking shots, it could be hard to deal with.

Closed Thread