It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User
Unhappy Could i have hyperglcemia?

Hi to all,

I keep feeling really tired thirsty going for a wee all the time fatique no energy after eating my bs is 9.9 yesterday afternoon after 2 hr check 12.2 after tea 2hr check. This morning bf breakfast 7.4 after lunch 2 hr check was 11.2 after dinner check was 13.0.

I also have protein in my urine too took sample down to docs ect but feel so fatiqued dont want to do anything ugh?

Please advise what do i do?

Dolphin 43.:confus ed::confused

Old 08-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

itotito HB User
Re: Could i have hyperglcemia?

some of those numbers are in the diabetic range. I would consult with a Dr.

If you are overweight, losing some weight can make a huge difference
Exercise can improve things considerably
Diet and possibly meds can help you control it if the Dr diagnosis is diabetes

Last edited by itotito; 08-21-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

clawbaby HB User

I have hypoglycemia. The symptoms are dizziness, sweating, shaking. It sounds like you could be diabetic. See you doctor. Good luck!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

It definitely sounds like you have diabetes. I'm curious...how are you getting tested so often? Do you have your own meter? And how do you know you have protein in your urine...did the doc test that urine sample and then inform you it showed protein?

If your doctor knows about these blood glucose results and that you have protein in your urine, he/she is being totally negligent by not treating you for diabetes. You must find out what type and get treatment right away...even if the treatment is only, for now, diet and exercise. If you're not overweight, then a GAD antibody test and a C-peptide test should be done to rule out T1. If it's not T1, then it's T2 and diet and exercise, possibly combined with some oral medication such as glucophage, will be needed.

Ruth

Old 08-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User

Hi Sam,

I am diabetic type 2 thats why iam asking if these readings are hyperglycemic iam on metfromin 500mgx2per day n yes i can see the protein in my urine sample i have given in to reception iam going to make appt mon i have urgency real urgent n only small amout of urine to pass n get like numbness in my hands when i wee n numbness in my r leg when was going to loo. I hate it is horrible. What could this be?

So i will most likley end up wiv anti-biotics ect when i do get appt.

Dolphin43

Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Oh gosh, Dolphin...could be any number of things, but from your numbers, I'm guessing your T2 is not well controlled. Your fasting blood glucose levels should be less than 6.6 and more like 5.5; and your two-hour after meals levels should be less than 8.9 (some would even say less than 7.8).

Is your doctor doing A1c tests? Those are the tests that tell your average blood glucose levels over the previous 8-12 weeks? If so, that number should be less than 7%.

You didn't mention your age (unless your 43 ?) or if you are overweight. If not overweight, it's possible you may have been misdiagnosed as a Type 2 when your actually a type 1. More likely, however, is that you are a T2 who needs more glucophage than you are taking or that you need to add another medication, such as a sulfonyurea. I would, however, suggest upping the glucophage first. Glucophage makes your cells less resistant to insulin and doesn't wear out your pancreas as quickly as the sulfonyureas, which make your pancreas squeeze out extra insulin.

The numbness in your hands probably has less to do with urination than simply the position your hands are in at the time. You may already have some nerve damage from high blood glucose levels.

As for urgency with only a small amount of urine passing...that may be unrelated to diabetes and could be indicative of a bladder infection. They'll need to do a culture for that and get you on an antibiotic if necessary. But no matter what, you have got to get your numbers under better control quickly.

Ruth

Closed Thread