It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
(male)

JohnBen HB User
Brand new member JOHNBEN.

a brand new member here with my intro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, I will have to get used to this new list. Many things I have to find out about as yet!
Well here goes! I'm a man not a women. There are many more women on these lists then men I have noticed. I haven't checked this one yet.
I live with my wife Johanna on Vancouver Island. That is in BC Canada. Beautiful place to live, but stay away please, we have too many people living here now. LOL.
Next is that I'm 78 years young, with having diabetes for only 48 years, with 5 needlles per day and a whole lot of BG testing daily. Also had a stroke 5 years ago, left side totally at the time, a small heart attack and complete bladder failure requiring me to use a catheter 5 times per 24 hours including one at 3 AM.
Yah, how is that for an introduction eh? In spite of it all my HGA1C is 6.1 (last test was 5.9). Oh yes I should mention that I got Glaucoma in the eyes, both of them. My eyes are like twins, what one gets the other also wants to have also. LOL. On Oct. 2 I get SLT. For those not familiar with the title it means (wait a minute, I had it in my head a minute ago, Oh Yes, my brain works again it means, and hang on to your hat, it means are you ready?
Selective laser trabeculopathy. WOW! That was'nt easy, better get my tea now! Hope to hear from you all, but one at the time OK?

Greetings from JOHNBEN.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
(male)

JohnBen HB User
Re: Brand new member JOHNBEN.

Not sure this newbie announcement did appear.

JOHNBEN.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

itotito HB User

Diabetes can hurt your eyes, kidneys, feet.bla bla bla...

But you, JOHNBEM, are scientific evidence it doesn't affect one's sense of humour.

I am a fellow Canuck from Montreal. Yep, I'm a frenchman, so I get forgiven for my spelling mistakes

Welcome to the board !!!!

We needed a few more males. Maybe we'll hear more about ED..than GD...just kiddin ladies. I just realized ED prevents GD.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
(male)

JohnBen HB User

Thank's ITO, one reply is better than none! Merci beaucoup! Close?

JB.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
(female)

Kinselmom HB User

JohnBen, you and Itotito both still have a sense of humor!! (ED prevents GD...groan!) JohnBen, people like you are an inspiration to those of us who have not had diabetes as long. Yes, you have some complications, but you are still going strong! I only hope to be doing so well when (IF) I reach your age! And your A1C is better than mine!!! I'm a T2 on insulin but I still struggle for control. I have another friend who is close to your age who has been diabetic since childhood. He has mastered the insulin pump and now has even better control. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
(male)

JohnBen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinselmom View Post
JohnBen, you and Itotito both still have a sense of humor!! (ED prevents GD...groan!) JohnBen, people like you are an inspiration to those of us who have not had diabetes as long. Yes, you have some complications, but you are still going strong! I only hope to be doing so well when (IF) I reach your age! And your A1C is better than mine!!! I'm a T2 on insulin but I still struggle for control. I have another friend who is close to your age who has been diabetic since childhood. He has mastered the insulin pump and now has even better control. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
Thank you Kinselmom should I call you "Kin"?

JB.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
(female)

Canada eh HB User

Greetings from Ontario JohnBen!
Thanks for sharing your story!

Closed Thread