It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

iis016 HB User
some questions

hi, im 20 yrs old- recently diagnosed with type2 but im really confused!
I've been told by me GP that I have insulin resistance (part of my PCOS)- does this mean my blood sugar should be high or low???

Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User
Re: some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iis016 View Post
hi, im 20 yrs old- recently diagnosed with type2 but im really confused!
I've been told by me GP that I have insulin resistance (part of my PCOS)- does this mean my blood sugar should be high or low???
Type 2 diabetes is Insulin Resistence and Insulin Deficiency. Usually resistence causes the pancreas to burn out and be deficient. What happens at first is this...You eat, normally when you begin to chew & swallow a little digestion begins. Your pancreas starts to kick out a little insulin as your blood sugar goes up and compensates for the food. When one has type 2, the first phase insulin response doesnt work. So you eat, your blood sugar goes up and stays up, and next thing you know your pancreas is working overtime...then the insulin catches up and you end up low.

The bottom line is you need some type of daily exercise or movement. A dance class, a fast walk, working out. Whatever. Lower your resistance by moving! Stay away from refined carbs...anything made with flower or sugar. Lower your body fat, lower your resistance, lower the effects of PCOS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

iis016 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonkey View Post
Type 2 diabetes is Insulin Resistence and Insulin Deficiency. Usually resistence causes the pancreas to burn out and be deficient. What happens at first is this...You eat, normally when you begin to chew & swallow a little digestion begins. Your pancreas starts to kick out a little insulin as your blood sugar goes up and compensates for the food. When one has type 2, the first phase insulin response doesnt work. So you eat, your blood sugar goes up and stays up, and next thing you know your pancreas is working overtime...then the insulin catches up and you end up low.

The bottom line is you need some type of daily exercise or movement. A dance class, a fast walk, working out. Whatever. Lower your resistance by moving! Stay away from refined carbs...anything made with flower or sugar. Lower your body fat, lower your resistance, lower the effects of PCOS.
i try, the thing is i cant stop eating and i think its because of the progesteron pills im on. if is stop taking the pills and dont get my period for a few years will it increase my infertility and make it even harder to have kids or does it just not matter at this point?

Last edited by iis016; 09-27-2008 at 07:41 AM.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User

I know some medicines can cause some hunger but certain foods do it too. Eat smaller amounts more often. Stay away from an carbs in a box. Eat only fresh veggies and fruits that you have to chew. Drink lots of water. Eat every hour if you have to-to shrink your stomach. Also, by staying away from the refined carbs you will remove the physical addiction that causes you to be hungry. Give yourself 4-5 days and see if you dont feel 100% better. You need fat in your diet to feel full but you dont want to go over the top. Try a couple apple slices and 4-5 cubes of cheese. Drink a glass of water. An hour later have a vanilla yogart or a handful of almonds. An hour later roll up some turkey w/ cheese and have that. Eat eggs w/cheese. Use spices to liven it up. Have chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad. By making your self eat more often, less amounts, and w/out the refined carbs, you may settle down the urge that makes you hungry. Try it for a week. What do you have to loose?

Closed Thread