It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
(male)

davids34 HB User
Frequent Urination Warning Sign, How Often is Frequent?

I've been worried this week that my body may be exhibiting the warning signs of diabetes. THe first warning sign has been explained muscle cramps all over my lower body. I've also noticed that my mouth and throat feels parched a lot, and I am peeing a lot more.

I get the urge about once an hour, up from my usual 2-3 hour urge. However, when I urinate, there is not much output so maybe I'm freaking out here for nothing. I usually only get up one time during the night to use the bathroom. My body tends to be a self fullfilling prophecy. If I'm worried about frequent urination, my body make signal that urge a lot more.

Does this sound like the classic symptom of excessive thirst and urination? I am just praying that I don't have diabetes. I recently lost my job, and I no longer have health insurance. I'm thinking about going to Walmart, and buying one of those cheap blood sugar testers. Would this be a good idea?

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

itotito HB User
Re: Frequent Urination Warning Sign, How Often is Frequent?

At one point when I was very overweight I would wake up two or three times a night to pee. It was the very high sugar levels. I was really thirsty as well.

Now my sugars are in very good control. I get up maybe once a night, probably more by habit than anything else. It has nothing to do with diabetes. Frequent urination can be associated to sugar spilling over into urine, which only occurs at pretty high sugar levels

Frequent urination can be many things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tfkeel HB User

I take it, you're not on any diuretics? Are you?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User

Frequent urination from diabetes generally has a high urine output each time because your body is trying to flush the sugar from your system.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Feeling like you have to urinate frequently and having minimal output sounds more like a bladder infection or I had a vaginal yeast infection recently and I felt like I had to urinate every half hour. Once the yeast infection was gone that went away.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
(male)

savier HB User

Hi David,

I am having an exactly similar problem as you posted. I have been really annoyed and at the same worried about myself. Can you just tell me what was the cause for you? was it Diabetes or something else?

Your reply will really help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids34 View Post
I've been worried this week that my body may be exhibiting the warning signs of diabetes. THe first warning sign has been explained muscle cramps all over my lower body. I've also noticed that my mouth and throat feels parched a lot, and I am peeing a lot more.

I get the urge about once an hour, up from my usual 2-3 hour urge. However, when I urinate, there is not much output so maybe I'm freaking out here for nothing. I usually only get up one time during the night to use the bathroom. My body tends to be a self fullfilling prophecy. If I'm worried about frequent urination, my body make signal that urge a lot more.

Does this sound like the classic symptom of excessive thirst and urination? I am just praying that I don't have diabetes. I recently lost my job, and I no longer have health insurance. I'm thinking about going to Walmart, and buying one of those cheap blood sugar testers. Would this be a good idea?

Thanks!

Reply Reply