It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
(male)

quin35 HB User
sores that dont heal

Hi I have sores on my left leg on one spot between my knee and my angle. I injured myself almost three years ago with the car door and it turned black its starting to get bigger, it itch and the only time when its bleeding is when I`m scrtaching it. I am 35 years old never smoke in my life.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tfkeel HB User
Re: sores that dont heal

You need to go see a doctor. The black coloring is necrotic (dead) tissue which obviously is not receiving blood supply, that's the reason it's dead. But there must be some good tissue underneath which is receiving blood, because you report that it bleeds if you scratch it.

The itching may be due to localized infection at the wound.

Most likely, you need to have this dead tissue removed and some therapeutic methods applied. An ultrasound doppler would probably be a good idea to ensure that you don't have some kind of arterial blockage to your lower leg.

Even for someone who is quite diabetic, for a wound to not heal in 3 years on a person of your age is radically wrong.

I assume you are diabetic because you posted on this board, how is your BG control? Wounds do heal more slowly in people with diabetes and especially if their sugar is high.

Last edited by tfkeel; 10-23-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread