It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

kmesoo1 HB User
Am I hypoglycemic?

I think I am hypoglycemic but I can't get my endoctrinologist to do a 3 hour glucose test..is it normal for my blood sugar to drop to 60... 30 minutes after eating. When I check my sugar level in the morning it is usually 70-75.
I am having very bad blurred vision, extreme fatigue, dizziness, shakes, nervousness, sweating...etc.

Last edited by kmesoo1; 11-18-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
(male)

slurpies HB User
Re: Am I hypoglycemic?

A doctor told me just yesterday that 60 was normal.
And I suppose for some people it can be.

I would say if you're feeling bad, it's hypoglycemia.
My normal range was always 85-120, if I'd go under 85, I would feel it.

I am also waking up between 70-75 and it is NOT normal for me, I feel bad at that range.
I feel much worse in the 60s.

Years ago the normal blood sugar range was 80-120, now, it's 70-120.
Personally, 70s are bad for me.

I would find a new endo and demand a Glucose tolderance or a 72 hour fasting sugar test.

If you want some answers until then, I would reccomend going to walmart, buying the $9 relion meter, and a pack of 50-100 test strips (44 cent per strip).
The WalMart brand matches every vein draw I've EVER had within 5 points, which is AMAZING. It's usually 1 point off. I own 6 different meters by the way.

Anyways, your first meal of the day, check your sugar prior, then eat, and then test every 10-15 minutes or so. This may tell you if your sugar is going up very fast and then your insulin is kicking in very hard and knocking you down too low.

I would say nip this thing in the bud before it gets to a very bad level like I'm currently at.

Try eating 100 percent whole grains, all complex carbs, no refined. Add fats and proteins, NO simple sugars for a few days and see if you still drop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
(female)

cutiepye HB User
Question Re: blood sugar drops to 60 after eating..my normal fasting is 72

I have recently went to the doctor i think that i am hypoglycemic and him too but i have to wait my blood sugar continues to go down and i feel real sick it was 64 and i was looking for food and i was very scared and i got it up to 91 but it is a struggle when you do not know what to do to manage this i do not have a meter i am check only at the doctor or hospital i am very scared i do not know if it is diabetes or if it is just a liver problem i am on antidepressant and have been on them for several years i do not know if it is liver function or diabetes please help if you have any of the symptoms that i have then please feel free to give advice

Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User
Re: blood sugar drops to 60 after eating..my normal fasting is 72

Hypoglycemia can sometimes be controlled by staying away from the "bad carbs"...things made with flower is a good way to remember. Try eating a meal like fish or chicken with veggies...no bread, no starch, no cereal and see if you notice feeling low. A good carb is apple slices dipped in a little peanut butter for protein & fat.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
(male)

slurpies HB User

Cutiepie, get a home meter. One at Walmart works great, it's $9. Box of 50 strips is $22.
It's well worth it.
Follow their advice about cutting out the simple sugars, that does help for most people.
No refined carbs like enriched bread, candies, or even potatoes.
Look at a Glycemic Index chart and see what foods are low on it, and try to eat that
for a week, checking your sugars, most people see an amazing difference.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
(female)

cutiepye HB User
Exclamation Re: blood sugar drops to 60 after eating..my normal fasting is 72

there is no diabetes i am still going hypoglycemic no causes yet any one who knows what to check next because my doctor is not acting like one right now I have a Glucose Monitor now I just monitor my sugar to give to him and show him my number today I was at 81 and I still felt as if i was at 60

Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
(female)

kmesoo1 HB User

It may not be your sugar..have you had blood work done for liver and kidney problems or gallbladder? Have you had your pancreas checked? I have finally got my low blood sugar under control by eating extend bars..I eat one when I get up and one at 6pm and I have not had anymore problems. You can get them at walgreens in the diabetic section or online at extendbar.com...they really work! Hope that helps.

Closed Thread