It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

momtaz HB User
A herbal drink for diabetics

I found a description how to prepare a herbal drink for stabilize glucose in blood as follow:
1) 100 grms: Nigella sativa
2) 100 grms: Frankincense male
3) 100 grms: Barley
4) 100 grms Wheat

pour 3 liters of water on the above mentioned items, then cook them until the water in cooking pot became 1.5, almost the half, then filter the water and let it get cold, then keep it in the fridge,
a) take every a day a cup before breakfast for 3 consecutive days
b) do not take on the 4th day
c) take a cup on the 5th day before breakfast, then miss the 6th day,
so at the beginning 3 consecutive days, then take it for another 4 days but miss one day and take it one day,

the above information I found it in some internet forum few years ago and I forwarded it to one of my friends since that time, I asked him about the efficiency of this, He told me the sugar will be stable for almost 8 or 9 months, then come back to start fluctuating up and down..
Honestly I didnít try it yet, I wanted to post it here maybe we get the opinion of some experts or Dr. in such kind of herbal treatments, or maybe somebody have tried / experienced or heard about it before, If it's correct and effective I wish that many people can benefit from it and I am happy to share something useful with others,

Kindly do advise us and many thanks in advance,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: A herbal drink for diabetics

I did a bit of a search on this stuff. First off, Nigella Sativa (black seed oil) is currently being evaluated, but there don't seem to be any significant studies that show that it will help with diabetes. It has been historically used for pain relief. I also found a number of warnings about using "cheap" oil as there are many additives So this supplement may or may not help with T2.

I haven't found any information about Frankincense being used for diabetes. So I can't comment on that.

The fiber in the wheat and barley may help with controlled release of other carbs and thereby help blood sugar, but they also contain carbs so may not be effective at all.

In the overall, there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence that this combination can help with diabetes. Also, as someone with a scientific background, I don't believe that a week of taking this stuff will help with a metabolic disorder for several months. The body will clear the substances from the supplements in fairly short order, and then the effectiveness will probably be gone as well. If it does anything.

Don't get me wrong. I believe in supplements and many can help with insulin sensitivity, even in T1s. But I haven't seen anything that this combination (or even the individual ingredients) will be at all useful.

Sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread