Could it be Insulinoma?
I presented these symptoms to another thread in the Epilepsy section (I'm currently in the process of being diagnosed with Temporal lobe epilepsy, my EEG is next week), and someone brought the possibility of insulinoma to my attention. Since then I've done a lot of research, and the symptoms match up perfectly (however, I do realize that a lot of these symptoms could match up with many other illnesses and so on). Anyway, here they are:
- Various types of headaches including: Pressure headaches (most times it feels like there is a clamp on the sides of my head), as well as unusual 'cold-like' feeling headaches (hard to explain), and migraines.
- Mood and personality changes (I've been feeling like a different person for a while now, and my moods fluctuate from hour to hour)
- Crying spells (this has been happening for a long time. I get very overwhelmed very easily); Anxiety and self-induced stress
- Fatigue, lack of energy, muscle weakness (mostly my legs), and occasionally dizziness. I am also tired all the time.
- Confusion and difficulty making the smallest decisions (sometimes I find myself not knowing what to wear in the morning and I will have a panic attack because I can't make the decision)
- Finally (and it isn't really related..at least I don't think so), a reoccurring sore throat. It becomes sore and hoarse. My right lymph node has been swollen as well, and this began around the same time as my auras last year. The size changes when my throat is worse, but for the most part the size has been the same. (*I will be seeing an ENT on April 27 about this, just to make sure it's nothing serious)
I should also point out that I have a history of depression (I was diagnosed about 10 years ago and on meds for 4 years); and I had my first grand mal seizure about a month ago, and have been experiencing 'auras' for about a year.
However, I did have a routine blood test when I went to the emergency after my grand mal seizure, and I'm assuming everything was fine since I didn't get a call back about it. Could I still have insulinoma with a normal blood test? I also had a CT scan of my brain and everything looked normal.
Any experience with insulinomas or insight into what you think it may be would be great!