It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
(male)

joseps77 HB User
My fasting blood glucose is 103

How can I lower this to normal 99 or below. I am a male senior 77yr old. I do not want to be diabetic. I do all my yardwork, 3 days bowling in senior league year round, I do 30 minutes aerobic 3 days a week. I have reduced my weight fron 144lb to 135lb in the last 5 months. I stop eating ice cream, cake candies, chocolate and stop using sugar.

Can you advice me. I do not wish to take any medicine.
Thank you very much.
joseps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: My fasting blood glucose is 103

Josps,

It's not uncommon for our bodies to work less efficiently as we reach advanced years, and the pancreas is not immune to the aging process. But you are doing everything right, and your fasting glucose is barely in the pre-diabetic range. At your age, I wouldn't worry about it all that much...it takes years for complications to develop, and they don't usually develop with such a slight increase in blood sugar. I seriously doubt you'll ever have to go on medication as long as you keep up the good work.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
(male)

joseps77 HB User
Smile Re: My fasting blood glucose is 103

Hi SamQKitty
Thank you for your response to my Thread. I am very happy with your comment. Today, I just receive the report of my lipid test from my doctor.
My fasting blood sugar test has gone down to 96. It's quite a relief. Now I can smile again but I will keep my dieting habit.
Thanks again Have a great day!
joseps77

Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User
Thumbs up Re: My fasting blood glucose is 103

Some times it can be controlled by food but I learned too that I had my glucose shoot up to nearly 500 in the fall after I began a heart med. Dr was too quick to rx diabetes meds. i had them retest and do an aic test. i had been low sugar for most of my life. did some more reesearch and found the heart med was the cause. i backed off the med and then switched to a new one. glucose is down in the 80s where it was before. get it tested more often. as the other person noted we do change as we age. much.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB User
Re: My fasting blood glucose is 103

There's no difference between readings of 103 and 99. They are statistically the same. The meter isn't that accurate. That's only 3.89% difference which is irrelevent.

Closed Thread