Do I have diabetes?
Do I have type 2 diabetes? I'm so scared right now. I'm going to let my doctor know next week.
I have had these symptoms for a while now :
- frequent hunger
- frequent urination
- sleep problems
- contant fatigue
- slow healing from injuries (eg. bruises)
- mood issues, depression
- digestion problems, protein found in urine, asked to take digestive enzymes
- sleepy right after eating (especially if food contains carbs)
- low sex drive
- sometimes passing gas/bloating after a meal
- frequent yeast infections
I recently had these symptoms after a cold/sore throat that lasted a month :
- excessive thirst, especially at night
- poor blood circulation (sleep on one side, the other side goes cold)
- cold hands/feet
- dry mouth, mouth sores when eating apple
- naturopath told me my insulin level is at 181 (60 is normal), he prescribed UltraMeal Bar for symptoms of metabolic syndrome
I am 33 years old, 5'1" 93lb (underweight), and do not have weight loss (I've always been this skinny no matter how much I eat, may have celiac disease since doctor told me about trying a gluten-free diet). The only person in my family with diabetes is an uncle who passed away due to diabetes.
Last edited by taroki; 05-30-2011 at 04:23 AM.