It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
(male)

MISTER CAG HB User
help with insurance for diabetes

hello, my question is regarding my mother in law. she is 48 years old and she has diabetes type 1, she injects insulin on a day to day basis, but she can not afford it anymore, since she uses other medicines as well, she spends about 400 dollars per month on medicine, plus the cost of the doctor visits. her husband is self employed so they cant get insurance from work, and they have looked for individual insurance but it is way too expensive. she gets somewhat discounted medicine from community clinics. but lately , she has been getting alot of pains, and at the clincs they have refused to see her stating that she is ok, and they just give her pain medicine, and regular insurance wont cover her, so i was wondering if theres any low income insurance that she can get, because she cannot afford it any more, and she is only getting worse with time, please help!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: help with insurance for diabetes

Hi, unfortunately this is all too common today with insurance rates so high and affordable availability so low. I would do a web search for patient assistance and check with doctors to see if they know of any medication assistance programs. Contact the drug companies for the meds she is on as they offer patient assistance with their drugs to low income and uninsured patients. Hope this helps some!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread