It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

2831rlec HB User
Question Is anyone experiencing tiredness, sleep on Glip-Metformin

I was diagnosed a little over a month ago and was started on 25-500 mg Glipzide-Metformin. I have been monitoring my bs and on the glucose meter, it's now averaging 119 last 7 days, 123 last 14 days and 128 last 30 days. Of course, that could change one way or the other on a daily basis. When I was diagnosed after eating it was 336, so I am working on getting it down. I also take Klonopin (Clonazapam for anxiety and panic attacks). Lately, in the afternoons, I have been very tired, no energy, and fall asleep on the couch. I don't know if it's the Glipside-Metformin or the klonopin making me so tired and sleepy. I have read the warning about lactic acidosis, so am aware of the statement. Also, I am taking in very few carbs, except oatmeal at breakfast, then small amount of meat or salmon and mainly veggies. Later, I get a craving for something like an apple with peanut butter. If anyone out there has experience this tiredness, sleepiness with the meds, please let me know. I know that sometimes my bs is 78, 82, 90 and I get very hungry, so I keep glucose tabs with me. Since I have been diagnosed for only a little over a month, I am trying to read and learn. I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Closed Thread