It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

lillybloom HB User
Armour Thyroid and diabetes/hypoglycemia

Does anyone that has diabetes or hypoglycemia also take Armour thyroid for a thyroid condition? I am Hypoglycemic and I control it with diet. I started Armour Thyroid a few weeks ago and ever since, my blood sugar is lower than what is normal for me and I am having to eat more often. I also awake feeling lower than I ever have. My doctor said that the med speeds up the metabolism and this can happen.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does it get better? I am having such a hard time with all the thyroid symptoms and my hypoglycemia is making it even harder to function.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
(female)

Kendra01 HB UserKendra01 HB User
Re: Armour Thyroid and diabetes/hypoglycemia

Are you diabetic and if so which type? Do you take insulin or pills?

I take Levothyroxine, which is the equivelent to what you take, I think. What dose do you take?

I am Type I and take insulin. When I first went on the thyroid meds, I did notice a difference. I had a difficult time sleeping. I felt anxious. I don't recall if my blood sugar levels dropped or not. It sounds logical they might.

I will say that after a few months, your body adjusts to the thyroid meds and you don't notice any symptoms anymore. Don't take my word for it, though. I would follow up with your doctor and get their input. Be careful of your blood sugars dropping though. Keep juice or glucose tablets near at all times and let your family, friends and co-workers know what's going on so they can help you if your BS goes too low.

Last edited by Kendra01; 08-12-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread