It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

clare1982 HB Userclare1982 HB User
Please help

Hi i am new on this site, i went to the docs this morn for several blood tests one for overacting thyroid and the other i had a fasting glucose test, as i had not eaten or drank anything apart from water i felt so ill i felt really shakey and sick and felt as though i was going to pass out im still not feeling right now despite having somthing to eat and drink can anyone tell me if this is normal please as i am worried now and i wont get my results for prob a week
Thanks in advance x

Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Please help

Welcome...I'd just wait for the test results as it could be your blood sugar got a bit low or you also could have been a bit dehydrated if you fasted for a long time. I know my Dr. always tells me to drink a small glass of water before a fasting test as you do get a tad dehydrated. I always try to go to the lab about 8 a.m. as I fast from about 11 p.m. the night before.

Just keep yourself well hydrated today and hopefully you will feel much better. Hope your tests are all good news.

Best of wishes....JJ....

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
clare1982 (07-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
(female)

Thumbs up Re: Please help

Thank you for a very fast reply hun, i did drink plenty of water as that is the only thing they said i could have. I cant believe how ill i felt lol i just felt really horrible like i was in my own world and i felt like i was staggering when i walked! very dizzy it was awful
I dont know when the test results will come back though hopfully soon
Thank you again x

Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Your more then welcome. I have had that happen a few times but usually feel better by mid afternoon. Hopefully your tests come back soon as I know I HATE waiting for the results. I now have my Dr. send me a copy as that way I get to see the results faster. Most of the time her staff is pretty fast, maybe 4 days and other times it is a week which makes me nuts.

Good luck and keep us posted..JJ....

Old 07-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

I will do hun as soon as i know i will let you know, have you got Diabetes hun? if so did you have this happen to you when you went to be origanally diagnosed? x

The following user gives a hug of support to clare1982:
JJ (07-28-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, I was diagnosed 2 years ago through an A1c test that came back as 6.4. Dr. was extremely surprised as I usually always had low BS. She tested again 6 months later and it still came back as 6.4 so she put me on 500 mgs. of Metformin. Now I keep ranging between 6.2 and 6.4 and I refuse to take any larger doseage but she is happy with it the way it is ..so far.

Yes I have gotten that weakish feeling but only if I don't eat well the night before a test or drink enough fluids. Usually after my blood work I go right home and have a couple of cups of coffee and my oatmeal and then feel fine.

Keep me posted and good luck...JJ...

Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
(female)

hey hun got the results today and apparently they were ok but i still felt funny till this morn and then i had a really bad shaking episode when out shopping so i got a can of coke and within around 5 mins or so i felt fine

I think its really strainge never mind my random bg was 6.6 which apparently is fine!

xx

Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well glad the results were ok that should make you feel a lot better. Maybe you had some sort of weak virus or something that made you feel so weird. Usually if your sugar goes low you will get that shakey feeling and if you felt better after the coke, that's what it sounds like. I believe 6.6 in your country is an average of 118 which is good.

Really glad all turned out ok....JJ....

Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #9
(female)

Hi JJ

Yes 6.6 is ok the range is between 4-7 so all be that it was a high 6 it was fine i am still awaiting for my Thyroid function test! the results will come back tomorrow

I am happy that the fasting glucose came back fine as i am scared of needles Thank You so much again for your help and advice it was very much appreciated xx

Old 07-31-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well mine came back with an A1c of 6.4 so that is a tad high although it still is not really bad. Dr. said although it was not that bad she would rather be pro active and put me on 500 mgs. of Metformin. So far I range from 6.2-6.4 on the meds. and as long as it stays that way I ain't messing with a higher doseage.

Hope your Thyroid comes back ok too. Trust me sweetie, I HATE needles too so it took me awhile before I got in the habit of checking my glucose and I still hate it.

Keep me posted and have a good day..JJ....

Closed Thread