It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Smile My Diabetes Story

Well, it started after having replacement of the aortic valve with a St Jude's 10 years ago. Months later, I developed the unquinchabel thirst and urination. Went to the doctor and fould out I was type 2 and put on metformin. The heart problem went as far back as at birth. So I have tried to deal with this the best I can. What was so bad later, was stress and emotional eating. Was stressing at work and food was comfort. I am now able to try to deal with it better, not working right now, got displaced out of my department and hope to be place in another job soon. Am drawing a paycheck and have insurance for now. Hope luck will be on my side. If they do have a job and I don't take it, severance package will be offered. If that happens, I will see about applying for unemployment. Have to live on something. Have been there before, my mother had RA for many years and worked little. I will here seeking answers and helping out. Hugs for everyone today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: My Diabetes Story

Hi Rosier. What can we help you with. Basically, for many folks it is a 3 pronged attack on handling blood sugars. First is diet. Eating lower carb will help tremendously. Next is getting some exercise. I don't know how you are doing physically, but even a little bit would help to keep your numbers down. And finally the meds are important too, but not the most important part of the equation.

There are a fair number of well informed folks here, so feel free to ask lots of questions.

The following user gives a hug of support to Cora1003:
rosier (09-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Thumbs up Re: My Diabetes Story

The reasons I post on these boards are not only to help me but to also help others. I have problems with glucose like everyone else does. I have been walking a lot since getting displaced of my job. And try to have one to two projects to do a day. Something to look forward to and to work on my bad eating habits. It is hard to change, but I can change. Getting weaned of the so much salty foods is a start, but hard still. But I am working on it everyday. Carbs is not a big problem. Starches are a bit, but also working on it. Stress on the job is bad indeed. But I need to change even if I don't get a good offer of a job replacement and may go for disabilty, I would have do changes anyway, easier since been through it with my mother, RA all her life, passed away in 2000 from complications. So I am here to help and be helped. I will lurk and help and if I need help, I will holler loud and clear. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Being under a lot of stress will aggravate your glucose problem as well as foods. Even a lousy nights sleep will make your numbers go up. Right now your dealing with a lot so hopefully good things will come your way and there will be much less stress. Do a search on low carb and low glycemic foods. Eating that way plus exercise will definately help. It is a learning process as we all know, so take it one day a time.

Wishing you all the best...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
rosier (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
(female)

JJ, at least I am not under the stress anymore. What was happening was serving inder a crazy, nutty, supervisor and a pycho supervisor. Two strange and different people, but stressful none the less. I am feeling better and am trying to change the eating patterns I had. It is a daily battle till I win one day soon. I will hang in there and keep trying. Thanks and hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Oh I hear ya. Had a boss very similar buy luckily he was out of town a lot... I'm sure as time goes along you will do just fine. Like I said, one day at a time that's all you can do. Nothing happens overnight so I'm sure you will WIN!! My first 6 months after my diagnose I think I went too far out of wack and was making myself NUTS! Slowly but surely I found out what foods bothered me and what didn't so now I just do moderation and now myself and the Dr. are happy!

Best of wishes...JJ...

Closed Thread