It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
(male)

Bocephus1967 HB User
Request opinions on strange sugar runnings

I checked my sugar at what I believe to be about 9 hours after eating or drinking anything except water and it was 93. I was relieved. I went back and checked my sugar again after what I was sure was right at 11 hours and it was 109. Please understand I hadn't eaten or drank anything (not anything that wasn't water anyway and I'm not sure if I drank any water or not) and this confused and concerned me.

I decided to get some homemade aerobic exercise for about an hour (where I sit in a chair and flap my arms from my side to over my head and back down for about an hour) and check it again. (I usually do the exercises anyway on days I don't make it to the healthclub.) When I checked my sugar after this is was in the mid to low 90's - sorry I don't remember any better than that. About 15 min later I checked it once more before leaving the house and it was in about the mid 80's.

I had a lunch of a piece of whole wheat bread with a tablespoon of peanutbutter and some bottled water (bottledwater is what I usually drink) at work today and when I got home tonight and checked my sugar about 4 hours after I had eaten it was 87.

I will say that what I eat the night before generally effects my morning readings. This morning's readings, before the exercises anyway, were a little high for me. When I was dieting very strictly my sugar and would be in the low 70's and sometimes in the high 60's.

BTW:

1. I'm a 44 yo male with a history of diabetes in the family

2. My Dr did more bloodwork earlier this year and didn't say anything about my sugar.

What do you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Request opinions on strange sugar runnings

Your blood sugar levels sound perfectly normal. Don't forget, blood sugar is not static...it doesn't stay at one number continuously, it is always fluctuating somewhat. Additionally, blood glucose monitors are only required to be accurate to within 20%. The fact that your bg was around 87 on a non-fasting test indicates to me that your bg is doing fine.

Ruth

Closed Thread