It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
(male)

garomaro HB User
Jumping Legs Syndrome/ diabetic neuropathy

Hi all

does anybody have this problem??
i am a type 2 diabetes sufferer who is taking insulin (novomix 30) metaphormin and rouvastatin
the problem i am having is the pains in my legs and feet and to be honest it kills me at times i go to bed at night and my wife ends up black and blue in the morning as i have kicked her that many times lol
i have been given Amitriptyline and these did not work i have taken them for over two months
i have just been given a different drug called Gabapentin and will see if this works but yet again they will take at least three weeks to get into my system starting with one tablet a day for the first week then two tablets for the second and then three for the third bearing in mind these tablets can make you drowsy i am at a loose end to be honest as the pain in my legs and feet seems to be getting worse to the extent of at times i am feeling like i cant walk or move anywhere as my legs are in such pain
i was wondering if anyone has any advice for me or some sort of solution or even if someone is having simular symptoms

many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

Donna M HB User
Re: Jumping Legs Syndrome/ diabetic neuropathy

Sorry to hear about your problem. I assume you've been diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome? If so, how do you know that the leg and foot pain is due to RLS? Is the pain alleviated when you move your legs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Jumping Legs Syndrome/ diabetic neuropathy

My husband has had PN for years and yes, I also have been kicked and even hit by his arm while sleeping so I hear you loud and clear. He has tried several things including what your taking and it helps to a degree but doesn't really take it away. Right now he is on Tylenol w/Codeine and that at least helps him sleep most of the night.

Do you find putting a blanket over your legs bothers you? Hubby can barely put a bedsheet over him as it bothers him. He has very little feeling in his feet and it is now radiating to his hands. He gets sharp shooting pains like he did when his feet started. I truly feel for you and your wife, as at times I almost felt like a "battered wife", even the poor cat got kicked many times. Needless to say it doesn't feel good.

Wishing you the best...JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
garomaro (10-04-2011)
Closed Thread