It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
(male)

ishr HB User
Blood Sugar/Soy Products/Random Weight Gain

I hear mixed messages about eating soy and having blood sugar issues - I am borderline and insulin resistant and I have been eating edamame for a snack for years - the number of people that are telling me that I shouldn't be eating soy has grown so now I wonder if I am doing something that is not so good.

Also I think that this is normal BUT I wanted to ask those who live it...

I eat almost the same thing every day and at the same time - I exercise every day - I drink lots of water and I get plenty of sleep yet every now and then I will just pick up a magical 5 to 6 pounds out of nowhere and ALL around my middle. If I stay the coarse it seems to go away - or at least most of it - but then again it comes back at some random time. Am I doing something that I don't realize to trigger it?

Dr's all say something different so I figured to ask the people that truly live this stuff... Anyone?

Old 10-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Blood Sugar/Soy Products/Random Weight Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishkrbibbl View Post
I hear mixed messages about eating soy and having blood sugar issues - I am borderline and insulin resistant and I have been eating edamame for a snack for years - the number of people that are telling me that I shouldn't be eating soy has grown so now I wonder if I am doing something that is not so good.
I was Insulin Resistant and borderline Diabetes 2. My Insulin Resistance and Diabetes 2 have both improved dramatically, because of dietary changes and demanding physical exercise, and I have been able to increase the carbs in my diet without any increases in my blood sugar or symptoms.

I consume about 12 ounces of soy milk each day and have not noticed any problems with it. I eat a very healthy, low carb, low calorie, balanced diet; and do demanding physical exercise.

My Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) averages around 89; and my blood pressure averages around 122/72 all day long, 24 hours per day, year after year. My A1c, and my one hour and two hour Post-Prandial blood sugar readings are always at nice and health levels.

Quote:
... yet every now and then I will just pick up a magical 5 to 6 pounds out of nowhere and ALL around my middle.
If you consume more calories than your metabolism can convert to energy, in any one meal, or for the day, then the excess calories will go to your waist, along with other places. Each one of us is different, so the maximum calories, per meal, for your diet would be different than mine. Also..... in order for the body to properly convert calories to energy, the diet should have a good balance between fats, proteins and carbs.

Best of health!

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-15-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread