It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
(male)

MisterP HB User
Pain in feet when walking and standing, but none when sitting.

I've had a very bad aching pain in my feet for almost 5 months now. It hurts on the bottoms of my feet, both front and heel, whenever I use them for just a short time. I don't have any tingling sensations, and I don't have any pain in the mornings or at night. They feel completely fine whenever I'm not using them, like if I'm in bed or sitting down. They feel the best whenever I'm sitting at a high stool and there's no pressure on them at all, or if I'm just lying in bed. However, if I'm sitting at a regular chair with the bottoms of my feet down, I will start to feel the pain if I put any small pressure down on them.

I purposefully haven't been doing any running for the past 3 months, in case I somehow injured them, but they still haven't gotten any better. I've never had any foot problems before, and I recently bought a new pair of supportive shoes to help. They feel much better whenever I'm wearing them, but after just 10 minutes the pain comes back.

Could any of this persistent pain be symptoms of early onset diabetes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
(male)

MisterP HB User
Re: Pain in feet when walking and standing, but none when sitting.

Is there any way I can tell if this is more a sign of either nerve damage/diabetes, or just of an injury?

Does it mean anything that my feet feel completely fine whenever I'm not using them, but just the smallest pressure on the bottoms makes them hurt. The tops of my feet never feel bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

You may have a common foot problem that we all get as we get older, you have seen the commercials for foot problems and inserts you can get to help with the pain. What it is generally is the tendens get worn down and when we rest, they feel better. And when we get up and start using those tendens, they hurt. You have to get shoes with good arch support and preferable walking shoes. Inserts do help sometimes. It is part of getting older, not old. Talk with a doctor about the foot pain. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ysku99 HB User

You don't have to suffer. Get your parents to get
a counselor for you. A few sessions will help you reorganize
your thoughts, and really help you get back on track. And
if you are worried, go get tested, because of damage late
diagnosis cannot be overcome. (I do think though, your
problem is much more related to depression than diabetes,
however, l have no way to know that from here)

Old 11-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
(male)

ReEvolution HB User

You should bring this up to your doctor and get a more detailed assessment. The earlier better as this could be an underlying symptom to a more serious disease.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
(male)

MisterP HB User

Thank you so much for the replies.

I'm just not sure what diabetic nerve pain feels like compared to just an injury. I kind of feel like it's just an injury, and I don't want to upset my doctor if I'm just over reacting. Although it hasn't gotten any better for almost 5 months now.

I can't seem to find what diabetic never pain specifically feels like. Would my feet hurt all the time, or just when I use them? Would they hurt all over, or just on the bottoms? How often would I feel tingling sensations?

Closed Thread