It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

PleaseHelp111 HB User
A little scared...(Please Read)

I was not doing anything out of the ordinary today... and I felt a pain in my lower right arm (near my elbow). I ignored it slightly but within a couple of minutes my veins were pertruding, I had almost a bluish tint all over my skin.
The pain got worse, I do not know how to describe it, but I'll give my best shot.... it felt as if my radial artery was shortening... It was almost impossible for me to straighten my arm. This went on for about 10 minutes with several intervals lasting about 2 minutes.
I thought I was having a heart attack.... but I do know that the pain would normally be in the left arm if that was the case.

I have recently been asked by several people if I have low blood sugar levels, I have been experiencing shaky hands, fatigue, bad headaches that feel as if they are behind my eyes and blurred vision at times, and a sweet taste in my mouth every now and then.

I have put off visiting a Dr. for these symptoms, because I am a 21 year old female who lives a very healthy lifestyle, besides stressing out a bit. BUT... NOW I'M SCARED.
I know something is just not right with my body.

Please, if you have any idea if a blood sugar level problem could cause this type of pain in my arm I describe share your knowledge. I did research but was unable to find anything. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Danielle

Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: A little scared...(Please Read)

It doesn't sound like blood sugar issues to me. It sounds more like nerve problems (pinched maybe?). Sorry I can't be more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
(male)

Seronac HB User

Some of those symptoms sound like diabetes, but the pain in your arm doesn't. And seeing as how you are young and living a healthy lifestyle, diabetes is unlikely. However, pain is never a good sign, so you should definitely go see a Dr. and explain to him/her all of your symptoms and concerns. Either way, the medical field is growing in knowledge and solutions all the time, and there's no way you can find out what happening, or get help if you don't ask someone. Good luck.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
(female)

SherCody HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseHelp111 View Post
I was not doing anything out of the ordinary today... and I felt a pain in my lower right arm (near my elbow). I ignored it slightly but within a couple of minutes my veins were pertruding, I had almost a bluish tint all over my skin.
The pain got worse, I do not know how to describe it, but I'll give my best shot.... it felt as if my radial artery was shortening... It was almost impossible for me to straighten my arm. This went on for about 10 minutes with several intervals lasting about 2 minutes.
I thought I was having a heart attack.... but I do know that the pain would normally be in the left arm if that was the case.

I have recently been asked by several people if I have low blood sugar levels, I have been experiencing shaky hands, fatigue, bad headaches that feel as if they are behind my eyes and blurred vision at times, and a sweet taste in my mouth every now and then.

I have put off visiting a Dr. for these symptoms, because I am a 21 year old female who lives a very healthy lifestyle, besides stressing out a bit. BUT... NOW I'M SCARED.
I know something is just not right with my body.

Please, if you have any idea if a blood sugar level problem could cause this type of pain in my arm I describe share your knowledge. I did research but was unable to find anything. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,Danielle
Danielle, I think you should see a doctor. If it hasnt repeated itself then probably nothing to worry about. However, no news is not always good news. If you dont have a regular physician, find one!

I am 45 yrs old and a month ago I was having pains in my back and thought because of where it was, it was kidney stones. HA! I was soooo wrong. I had a massive kidney infection, my sugar was 427 and my blood pressure was 150/100. THANK GOD my husband had the good sense to drag me to the ER. I have been diagnosed with TYPE 2 Diabetes, and am seeing an endocrinologist. My father ignored his diabetic dr and ended up having quadruple bypass this past April. We HAVE to take care of our bodies, regardless of what we think we are experiencing.
Good luck!!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

I had a heart attack at age 39, and the first symptom was extreme pain in my RIGHT elbow!

Even though your episode was several days ago, I would definitely see a doctor about those symptoms. Could have been a blood clot that resolved, could have been a mild heart attack, could have been a pinched nerve...and maybe it could have been something else that none of us have even thought of. But severe pain, accompanied by protruding veins and bluish skin (meaning loss of blood circulation) should always be checked out.

Ruth

Closed Thread