It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

sbbo97 HB User
Meter discrepancies

Hi there...

I just got a new meter because my new insurance won't cover my one-touch test strips.

I've used the one-touch for about 5 years. My new meter is the Freestyle Freedom Lite.

The freestyle is reading 25 points lower (almost exactly) each time than my one-touch.

I have since run out of my last few one-touch test strips and have to rely only on the freestyle now. I am skeptical about it's accuracy. I called the company and they assured me that it was extremely accurate.

When I had my lab work done a couple of weeks ago, even my one-touch measured about 15 points lower than the lab (although that's not too surprising considering I tested a little after I was done there).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I get another freestyle meter to compare my current one to? Or get some other one-touch strips to do some more comparisons...

I would love the freestyle meter to be right, because the numbers are clearly lower, but it's a little unnerving.

Thanks so much....

Old 12-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB User
Re: Meter discrepancies

It depends. What do you mean by "25 points lower"? It's all about percentages. If meter A reads 100 and meter B reads 75, then that's a 25% difference. That's huge. If, however, meter A reads 300 and meter B then reads 275, the percentage here is only 8.3% which isn't that bad at all. Considering sample size can vary that much. Can you provide more insight into this? If a meter is 10% off, that's not that bad, but 25% is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread