It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
(male)

tonyinengland HB User
Could this be a form of diabetes

I,m concerned and have been for a long time, because symptoms below began to improve but now they are reappearing. Iív posted on bowel forum before and you have been very supportive and I thank you for that.

I have had numerous tests in the last 6 months such as gastric endoscope, sigmoidscope, colonoscopy, numerous blood tests for liver function and CEA, and blood tests for all other possibilities, etc , but all normal. Ultrasound of liver, pancreas, gallbladder, kidneys, etc. all normal. Many biopsies taken from stomach to colon but no inflammation. sugar level seems okay

CT scan of throat / apex of lungs has shown a small thyroid tumour but no operation as it looks small and benign, quote consultant who gave me option to have it removed but I declined. MRI,s of spine has shown multi- layered degenerative disc spondylosis which is causing a lot of spine and neurological issues. Two bronchoscopes seem to indicate rhinitis.

Symptoms Ė loose stools on and off for well over one year. Some stools float, greasy film on surface of water sometimes. Rarely a solid stool. Excess mucus in throat which smells like this fruity sweat smell. Pain in numerous parts of spine. Strange body odour now coming back kind of sweat / fruit smell. Bouts of fatigue. In the last three months I have began to loose about 2 to 3 pounds for no reason. I am eating normally.

Im really concerned and yet my doctors and all the consultants have shut my case through all the tests they have done.

any advice please

thankyou, tony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Could this be a form of diabetes

Sorry Tony, but I can't give you any advice. It doesn't really sound like diabetes and if the blood work comes back normal, you are probably ok. Has an a1c test been done (it will give you an average of your glucose level for the last 3 months). If it is still a concern you might want to get yourself a home meter and test yourself periodically when you don't feel well. Your fasting level should be less than about 5.5 or 6 and 2 hours after a meal should be less than 8.

Best of luck with the other issues.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
(male)

tonyinengland HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora1003 View Post
Sorry Tony, but I can't give you any advice. It doesn't really sound like diabetes and if the blood work comes back normal, you are probably ok. Has an a1c test been done (it will give you an average of your glucose level for the last 3 months). If it is still a concern you might want to get yourself a home meter and test yourself periodically when you don't feel well. Your fasting level should be less than about 5.5 or 6 and 2 hours after a meal should be less than 8.

Best of luck with the other issues.
thanks cora, i intend to get my meter updated, i did this testing before and i beleive the level was slighted high but not enougth for the dr to be concerned. i need o et some more strips for the meter

take care

tony

Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
(female)

peace4health HB Userpeace4health HB Userpeace4health HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinengland View Post
Some stools float, greasy film on surface of water sometimes.
This sounds like pancreatitis. I don't know much about it, but greasy stools are said to be number 1 indicator of a problem with the pancreas (not in the form of diabetes).

Last edited by peace4health; 01-22-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Closed Thread