It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
(male)

davedd HB User
Insulin weak & strong

I find when i get a new batch of insulin it can be weaker or much stronger.Is this true.My dr says no but i was near normal numbers before x mas then i went up a lot & was taking 180 units day then last week got a new batch & wow now i am low to glycemic & cut insulin by 50%.Must be insulin can't be anything else.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Insulin weak & strong

Really, Dave, it can't be anything else? Are you eating EXACTLY the same things for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day? And are you counting carbs? Are you sleeping less or more? Did you have, or were you fighting off a cold? Were you under any stress when your numbers were higher? Was the old insulin handled properly...did you have high numbers with the entire previous batch?

Sometimes insulin goes bad a bit more quickly than it should, based on how carefully it was handled from the factory through the shipping to the store or distributor, and then to you. If you find your numbers going up with no seeming reason, then the first thing is to open a new bottle. If they continue going high, and you know there's absolutely NOTHING else to account for it, then you should return the insulin to the pharmacy where you got it and request a replacement.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread