It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User
Natural ways to lower BG

I'm type 2 diabetic and I am trying to get health insurance, but until then, I need to find a way to lower my blood sugars. Anyway I can lower my BG with OTCs or herbs and supplement? ANYTHING would help. Thank You

Old 03-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
(female)

peace4health HB Userpeace4health HB Userpeace4health HB User
Re: Natural ways to lower BG

Sorry I'm not sure about supplements, but what about eating low carbohydrate meals? That should be helpful in keeping your glucose levels lower. It is advised to couple this diet with exercise for better results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User

Most supplements are hit and miss. Some work a bit for some people, and not at all for others. You've gotten good advice so far. Cutting back significantly on carbohydrates and getting more exercise will definitely help. Do you have a glucose monitor? Can you check to see how foods affect you?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Vividangel1984: See if you can find some coconut oil in your local stores or healthfood stores. Unrefinded tastes more like coconut, the refined one tastes more like oil. Anyways, it will help increase your metabolism and help lose weight more naturally. Try to stay away from the 'sugar free' stuff. If you want SF then go for the green packets, not the blue, pink and yellow ones. All they make you is MORE hungry. I call them Sweet Poison. Try to eat more of a plant based diet if you can. It's hard for some, I know. Make a salad the biggest meal of your day and if you need meat, eat it sparingly or maybe 3-4 days a week.

Exercise is a natural insulin and will help bring your sugars down. Get yourself hooked on water if you're not already. If you can, drink a hot cup of water with lemon the first thing in the morning. It will help in detoxifying your body and speed up metabolism. Consider a total body detox under doctor's orders. Try not to eat out of the box. If you can't pronounce the ingredients then it's not good for you. Cut down on dairy and meats and avoid the center isles of the grocery store if you can. If you like kale, try making some kale chips in place of potato chips. Easy to make and good for you. Wash the kale, heat your oven to 350 degrees, rub some olive oil on the leaves, sprinkle with salt and bake for 15 min. Try drinking some smoothies at lunch. Lots of good recipes out there.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
(female)

francina HB User
Wink Re: Natural ways to lower BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividangel1984 View Post
I'm type 2 diabetic and I am trying to get health insurance, but until then, I need to find a way to lower my blood sugars. Anyway I can lower my BG with OTCs or herbs and supplement? ANYTHING would help. Thank You
I have the same problem. The biggest problem is when you are on insulin but if you are taking pills

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-19-2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Please do not post links to unapproved websites. Thanks!

Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
(male)

chessguy HB User
Arrow Re: Natural ways to lower BG this works ##

Hi , I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 ,circa 3 years ago and put on medication ,
I came of all medication with in 6 weeks and have regular check ups my diabetes is very well controlled my last HB1ac test was 5.5 ( this is a test they do every 3 months )

I was circa 6 kilo overweight, I went low carb under 50 a day, and lsot the weight quickly, in 2 months.

cut out all bread rice and sugar drinks ,(basically carbs)
the weight will roll off it will dramatically help your diabetes,

take bittermelon aka bitter gourd fresh juice and pulp circa 30 ml every morning for circa a month will make a dramatic change , if the melon has red pips discard the melon Do not use it ,
This is not for pregnant women or children be aware,###
never use the pips , anybody reading this taking diabetic medication be careful it will lower your blood sugars.#
never eat any pips from the bitter melon.

do not eat food for 30 minutes after taking the juice.?pulp
read the health benefits

goodluck
chessguy

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-19-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Please do not post links to unapproved websites. Thanks!

Reply Reply