It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

Ladybugplus HB User
Victoza

Hello Type 2 Diabetic,
My name is Laura and I have been a Diabetic for about 5 years. In the beginning of my diagnosis I took Byetta. Sorry to say it did keep my blood sugar levels great but I could not deal with the regurgitation/vomiting that was getting to be a chronic problem so I chose not to continue taking it. My Endo
who is just a great Dr / Consultant advised me to try Victoza. She said she has had no-one complain of nausea. I believe her but I would like to hear Diabetics spin on this fairly new injectable Medicine. Any & all sides of it like side affects, tips on injecting it on yourselves,weight loss, needles etc. I just do not want a repeat of my Byetta experince. I never felt nausea until I started taking Byetta and even though I stopped taking it I still sometimes feel that awful feeling. Thanks to all who can will share their squirmish moments from this medicine .
Laura

Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
(female)

SamsLady HB User
Re: Victoza

Hi
I am a diabetic and have been since Feb 2010 and take Lantus- the Lantus has put so much weight on me- Did Victoza help you lose weight- I asked my Dr for it and she would not give it to me saying that I was doing well with my numbers - I am so overweight and need help getting off of me - I sit down at work for 8 to 12 hours a day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
(female)

Ladybugplus HB User
Re: Victoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsLady View Post
Hi
I am a diabetic and have been since Feb 2010 and take Lantus- the Lantus has put so much weight on me- Did Victoza help you lose weight
I am so sorry SamsLady I have not started taking it yet. My Dr just gave it to me but I am looking to hear from others hopefully who do take Victoza to get an idea of the side affects , etc. So if I get replies back just come back to see what others have to say about it.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
(female)

limpyhip HB User
Smile Re: Victoza

Hi I am a 49 female and have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes since about 2010. My Doctor had me on Metformin and also Januvia and then switched me to Metformin and Victoza. Since I have been taking Victoza I have had no side effects. One of the things it does help you with is to get you back down to your normal BMI. Since I have been taking it I have lost about 30 pounds approx. I was never really really overweight but I do have to say that it has helped me get back to my normal weight. Other then having to pick yourself everyday I love the fact that I am on the Victoza and have no complaints about it whatsoever. I don't know why more Dr.s don't have their patients on this medication since some patients it has to do more with their weight also. Hope this helps.

Reply Reply