It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
(male)

zayagi HB User
Severe hunger

In February of this year, my blood sugar level became very high. I saw my doctor and I started steps to manage the situation-diet, medication and exercising. The last reading I had for fasting a few days ago was 6.2. But recently I have been experiencing severe hunger from time to time-which is very unusual for me.
Last night I took some chocolate drink around 12 midnight and tested my blood around 10:15 am today and the meter showed 120.
Please what should I think? What should I do?

Zailani

Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Severe hunger

Hunger can be a sign of a high or a low sugar. Do you know the signs of each?

Hyper = high: Extreme Thirst, Frequent Urination, Dry Skin, Hunger, Blurred Vision, Drowsiness and Nausea

Hypo - Low: Shaking, Fast Heartbeat, Sweating, Anxiousness, Dizziness, Hunger, Impaired Vision, Weakness/Fatigue, Headache, Irritability

How heavy are you? Are you trying to lose weight?

120 isn't super bad. The ideal sugar should be between 90-115.

Don't go to bed hungry. Eat a balanced meal. If you feel the low symptoms, drink some fast acting sugars, like o.j. and then have some cheese or some type of protein to stabilize your sugars. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich before bed is good.

Exercise is a natural insulin and will push your sugars lower. That's why it's good for T2's to exercise to keep their sugars lower. You don't want to overdo it though. Don't go exercise and not have something to eat. Exercise like you eat food, in moderation, and increase it gradually. Try to stay away from the SAD diet and incorporate a lot of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Moderation is key. Try to get some coconut oil (unrefined if you can). It helps speed up your metabolism and can help melt the fat. You'll produce ketones from it. You can also try drinking some coconut water. It'll help you stay hydrated. It has electrolytes in it. When you produce ketones, your body is using fat for fuel instead of carbs. Drink LOTS of water if you've got ketones so you can flush the kidneys. You don't want to end up with gallstones or kidney stones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply