It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
(male)

durian222 HB User
Scared I might have diabetes...

Tonight my wife and I went to eat Korean food. I had some meat (beef and pork) and also had a coke. I went to the restroom and my urine smelled sweet and has white particles in it. It also stings a little bit (especially when I finish urinating) but not too much (I've had chlamydia in the past and this is nothing compared to that pain). This has happened before sometimes when I drink soft drinks such as coke/pepsi coupled with fatty foods. I'm 35, 250 lbs and 6'4 tall. When this has happened before I usually just drink water and it goes away after a few hours.

We live in China so going to the doctor is usually a costly and difficult experience (no one speaks English here). Is it possible that I have diabetes?

Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
(male)

durian222 HB User
Re: Scared I might have diabetes...

Went to the doc today. Or I should say, I went to the "international clinic" here in a small city in China. No doctor was available, but the nurse tested my urine. She said everything was fine; she called the doctor and he said that I should just drink water and it will eventually go away. Tonight I had the same symptoms - sweet smelling urine and white particles coming out. Doesn't sting too bad; just discomfort. Might try and see a different doctor next week when we go to Beijing if this persists because I have no idea what's wrong with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
(male)

Monza65 HB User
Re: Scared I might have diabetes...

Hello Durrian. I have had Diabetes for over 50 years. I have never had white particles or sweet smelling urine. Frequent urination cuts and bruisis that don't heal.Low energy and being sluggish. Those are symptoms that I had. If you had a Coke with dinner and even if it was a large dinner it would take a little while before it would get into your system. To be absolutly sure a glcose tolerence test would be a good idea. That will tell you a little bit about how your body recovers from intake of glucose through your digestive tract. Blood tests too. Things have changed over 50 years. There are probably new and better ways to tell.

Reply Reply