Student seeking assistance
I am a grad student, currently finishing up a term paper for my Medical Anthropology class. My topic of research is Type II Diabetes, specifically looking at how a diagnosis changes ones lifestyle. I am required to include information from interviews in my paper, and I thought this might be a good place to get a wider range of opinions. This will be stricltly anonymous, and no personal information will be used for the paper itself, other than some demographic information. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. I hope some of you can take the time to assist me. Also, if anyone wishes to add some other information they believe to be relevant to the topic, please do so. I am specifically looking for people who either have type 2 diabetes, or someone who serves in a support capacity, like a significant other, etc. Thank you.
1) Demographic information - Age, Race, Location, etc.
2) How long have you suffered from Diabetes Type II? How old were you when first diagnosed?
3) When were you first diagnosed?
4) How has your lifestyle been affected?
5) What types of dietary changes have you made?
6) How often do you exercise? Has it increased since being diagnosed?
7) What type of support do you have?
8) Do you have a plan for dealing with the disease? Who helped you make it?
9) Do you have a precise diet and exercise regimen? Do you always follow it?
10) Who explained the implications of the disease, and to what degree? (Doctor, etc.)
11) How good is communication with support group, doctor, etc.?
12) How knowledgeable do you feel about the disease?
13) Are there things you can no longer do? Are there things you miss?
14) Do you think you can overcome the disease? What is your biggest obstacle?
15) What interferes the most with your lifestyle?
16) Can you point to the reason you think you have diabetes?
17) Do you think you could have prevented it? How?
18) Are there any major barriers within your family or culture that prevent you from dealing with the disease effectively?
19) Specific diet related questions.
20) Advice or knowledge about disease.