It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Please help me!

Hi everyone,
I have been having issues the last 2 almost 3 weeks which my doctor kept chalking up to anxiety. She did a CBC and today I went for my results and everything looked great except my blood sugar was 110. I just had a baby and did not have gd nor did I with any of my 3 kids. I cannot recall if I ate anything before I went to the doctor and had the blood drawn. I may have eaten a granola bar but can't recall. The issues I have been having has given me severe health anxiety and I am praying my mind is doing this to me, can sugar levels be off due to stress? I am not what I would call excessively thirsty but I have cut every other drink out of my diet except 2 cups if morning coffee and then water all through day and night. I have been urinating a lot more but chalked it up to my new intake of water which I never drank in access before ( always coffee or coke) I am starving while I eat and after I eat but not so much before I eat. I am not overly tired for a mom of a newborn and a 20 month and 7 year old. I do not urinate at night. Today I did get dizzy which is not common. My urine is very clear. I get hot flashes also
The symptoms that drove me to the doctor were
Chest pains, back pains, pins and needles in arms and feet. She said I had a rib out of place and anxiety. I also had stomach pains like I had done 100 sit ups but that has subsided. My jaw is locked too. I am just trying to figure out a way to ease my fears. I had a life insurance test done 4 years ago and they said it looked like I was hypoglycemic (low sugar) now it was higher? Could I change that much in 4 years? Also if I had a baby 4 months ago and they did a glucose test and I never had sugar in urine or any other signs could it just be stress or a granola bar? Can the onset happen in a day? I am going crazy please help thank you so much for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Administrator
(male)

MiguelIB HB User
Re: Please help me!

Not being a doctor, I don't want to steer you down the wrong direction.

However, remember that you just gave birth and my guess is that you are still nursing. correct? As a result, there is the likelihood that your hormones are still going a little nuts and your appetite is likely due to your body still trying to feed two. And certainly if you're also weening yourself off a lot of coke, that would help cause a little oddities as well.

It doesn't really sound like diabetes and if your blood glucose levels were 110 and you perhaps ate beforehand, it very likely is not diabetes.

Though I'd imagine it's not easy in your situation, I'd suggest trying to get some good rest and make sure you're eating well.

Good luck with it.

Reply Reply