It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

Shauna789 HB User
Question I'm worried I might have Diabetes, HELP

Hi,

Earlier today, my Dad asked me why my feet are purple, I told him that it always happens when I sit down for around 2 - 3 hours. He told me it's a sign of diabetes. I didn't believe him at first and thought he was just messing with me. But later today, I decided to look it up, but the internet is known to over-exaggerate things.

I've wanted to get a blood test done last year, but since I'm not sixteen and my parent think it'll be pointless to get one I can't get one. I wanted to get one cause I'm fed-up of feeling tired and sick all the time. I was hoping that all that was wrong with me was that I just needed a better diet or something not too serious. Now I'm not sure if it's just something simple, I donno...

Here's my "symptoms" I have, not sure if they count as symptoms or not.

1.) When I was younger, I had a few kidney infections and was on antibiotics for all cases~

2.) I get sick a lot, like stomach pains, colds. e.c.t

3.) I get really bad dizzy-spells like when I walk for too long, or if I get up, or sometimes I get them on random times. The worst dizzy-spell I got was near new years when I was just walking to another room and my legs felt numb to the point I fell over, (luckily there was a chair near by that I grabbed in time)
I know that this is most likely from my low blood pressure.

4.) like I mentioned before, nearly everyday I'm tired, I've tried everything to eating more healthy foods, exercising, and all that but nothing seems to work.

((I doubt the next ones are symptoms but I donno))

5.) I get very irritable and stressed and I have no idea the reason...

6.) I get really thirsty like 5 days a week, where I always keep a drink with me, I normally drink cranberry juice so I'm not sure if it makes you more thirsty

7.) My vision becomes blurry and I do have glasses but even with them on I still get it.

8.)My dad's side of the family, there's three people who have diabetes but they're overweight, I'm not overweight, so I'm not sure if it still effects me.

Please help, the last time I ask my doctor about this, he just told me that teenagers get low blood pressure from time to time, that it'll level itself out soon. I've been feeling like this for almost 2 and a half years and I'm almost 18. I don't know what to do, I'm probably just getting my self worried for nothing.

Last edited by Shauna789; 06-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: I'm worried I might have Diabetes, HELP

It sounds like you need a really good check up. Don't wait. Get in there and see a doctor and get some good blood work done. Get all your testing done on thyroid, blood pressure, blood sugars, vitamin d and B12 levels, cholesterol, etc. If you're overweight, then you probably could use a visit with a dietician. You could be prediabetic if not full diabetic.

If you're diabetic, drinking cranberry juice isn't the best thing to be doing. That raises your blood sugars quickly. Drink WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even drinking water with lemon in it is better.

You could probably use a good detoxification of your body as well.

Do you smoke, drink? If so, that's not making matters better for you.

Getting dizzy is a sign of low blood pressure as well as low blood sugars. Hopefully you're not having seizures. Severely low sugars can cause seizures.

Being tired can be a sign of thyroid problems as well as stomache pH imbalances or low B12 levels. You say you get stomache problems. Get tested for parasites, IBS, Chrones, diverticulitis, celiac disease, gluten sensitivities, allergies, and other gastrointestinal issues.

Are you on any meds? Blurry vision is also a side effect of meds and also a sign of low sugars.

And........during their blood testing they'll test for cancer. Being tired a lot is also a sign of leukemia. They'll test your red and white blood counts.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Also, if your doctor disregarded all this stuff, find a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not normal to have purple feet. You could have nervous system issues like neuropathy. Don't fool around.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
(female)

Shauna789 HB User

Oh alright, I'll try and get an appointment as soon as I can. Thank you.

And I know I'm not overweight, I always make sure I'm in shape and all that.^-^

I didn't know that, I normally drink it cause I was told it helps with preventing Kidney infections.

I don't smoke or drink alcohol and I know I'm not

um, no I don't take meds, I only took antibiotics for the kidney infections and that was four years ago if I can remember correctly.

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

mosa HB Usermosa HB Usermosa HB User

I agree that getting blood tests done is necessary with regards to your situation. You should get this clarified and has nothing to do with being 16, younger or older.

However I suggest that you leave the doctoring for the doctor. By mentioning all these conditions 92261 was only causing you a lot of stress and worries which is not ideal in this moment.

As you are already aware that you suffer from low blood pressure I suggest that you try drinking sugar free hydrating salts (added to your water) which you can buy from your pharmacist when you feel dizzy. This can help you feel more energetic and is not a prescription medicine.

Reply Reply

Tags
diabetes