It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
(male)

dangdut HB User
Type 2 Diabetic

Hi to all out there in cyberspace, this is my first post.
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a month ago (Fasting @ 240 and Post-meal @ 380). Although I am not obese, my lifestyle over the last few years was conducive to over-indulgence in booze and food! After a month on (min)10 units of insulin each day and glucophage. My fasting has gone down to 90 and post-meal 120 (and steady). So I did some sensitivity experiments by cutting out the insulin, then the medication, then both?
My diet (and alcohol consumption) has changed dramatically since I was diagnosed. Am I correct to assume "my" condition can be managed by diet alone? I am amazed how quickly my results have returned to normal after such a short period of treatment, is this the norm?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
(female)

Momof4Men HB UserMomof4Men HB User
Re: Type 2 Diabetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangdut View Post
Hi to all out there in cyberspace, this is my first post.
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a month ago (Fasting @ 240 and Post-meal @ 380). Although I am not obese, my lifestyle over the last few years was conducive to over-indulgence in booze and food! After a month on (min)10 units of insulin each day and glucophage. My fasting has gone down to 90 and post-meal 120 (and steady). So I did some sensitivity experiments by cutting out the insulin, then the medication, then both?
My diet (and alcohol consumption) has changed dramatically since I was diagnosed. Am I correct to assume "my" condition can be managed by diet alone? I am amazed how quickly my results have returned to normal after such a short period of treatment, is this the norm?
Diet of course plays a huge role, but don't assume anything. Diabetes is also a progressive disease. Continue to monitor - it sounds like you are really doing great! And take your results to your doctor and see what he says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Type 2 Diabetic

Everyone is different. For the meantime, you are able to control with diet and exercise. As the other poster has said, diabetes can be a progressive disease, so don't despair if you need to make more modifications or add meds again at some point. In the meantime, continue to test to make sure you are doing ok.

Congrats on the hard work. It is well worth it, as you can see.

Reply Reply