It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
(male)

Bobcat304 HB User
Cinnamon and Chromimum Picolonate

I have been a Diabetic for 37yrs. and I am on a pump. My blood sugars have been totaly out of control forever and I heard about Cinnamon and Chromimum Picolonate helping level out blood sugar readings so I found it at Walmart with both in one capsule. So the Pharmist recomended taking 1000mg three times a day so I did and my blood sugar readings after about five days leveled off in the very low 100's and have stayed there. I don't know if this will help anyone else and I'm not a Doctor but it's sure worth a try. (I'm sorry about my spelling).

Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
Re: Cinnamon and Chromimum Picolonate

Glad to hear that you are having such good results. I just started on chromium picolinate a few days ago myself. I'm not combining it with cinnamon, but with biotin instead, as I read some preliminary research that such a combination was good. (My doctor had recommended the biotin for my weak nails and when I read about the combination being good for blood sugars, decided to give it a try after checking for interactions with my other meds.) I'm not really going to be able to tell much about how it is working at this point, though, as I'm trying to gain weight and the doctor has me increasing some carbs at the same time. I'm just hoping it will help keep me from having my blood glucose go through the roof.
Last A1c Oct 2012: 7.0
108 pounds, 5"5"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

shersita HB User

Hello there.

Please, search on internet about Chromimum Picolonate side effects, in long term or high dosages it causes several health damages (like cardiovascular disease, arytmhia, kidney disease, damage ADN which can develop in cancer etc).

My husband is type 1 and he is like a child that doesn,t take care or even care about how high is his glucose levels on blood. At first I did also think about giving him Chromimum Picolonate because I did read that it lows glucose on blood, but after reading the contraindications I refused to give it to my husband. Also iodine on high doses decrease high blood glucose on type 2 people (you can search on that too), the contraindication is that is also dangerous because in high dosage or long term usage it affects your thyroid and on long term this can cause more bad than good. I was a victim for a few months of constant hypoglycemia because without knowing it I took iodine pills (300 mcg) daily and my glucose start to go straight down (I am not diabetic neither pre-diabetic) but it was hard to make my glucose on blood up again no matter how many sweets I ate it didn't went up with the iodine pills...so beware. I also refused to give iodine to my husband, one because he is type 1 and iodine is good for type 2 diabetic ppl because iodine opens your body cells sensivity to your own insuline that comes from your pancreas, but is dangerous because it affects your thyroid.

Currently, I,m giving spiruline pills to my husband (spiruline also decrease glucose on blood by 15 or 20 points is not big deal, but something is something) and I find Spiruline to be the harmless here of the 3 (iodine, chromium and spiruline).

In case Chromium is not as damaged as I read online, I will be more than happy to provide Chromium to my husband along with the low-carb meal I do for him, but I,m kind of affraid of Chromium now.

I am not sayin don,t take Chromium or iodine if you wish to help your body decrease glucose, what I,m saying is use with caution, ask your doctor and read contraindications.

Last edited by shersita; 11-05-2012 at 07:55 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to shersita For This Useful Post:
Uff-Da! (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Thanks for the warning, shersita. I'd read almost all positives for chromium up to now, but I'll definitely look into it more after your comments.

Reply Reply