It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

mewcamaro HB User
Blood sugar at 504

Help....had my blood sugar tested the other day and it was 504...I was sent straight to the ER because they were concerned about DKA. So 2 days later my sugar is down to 221 with taking Janivia and Metformin, it still needs to come down but I am going in the right direction. My question is what do I eat? I don't eat any meat so that is out. I have been eating whole wheat toast, fruit and cereal but I need some other suggestions on what I can have to eat. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Blood sugar at 504

All the things you are eating contain a lot of carb (which turns to sugar). Try eating more veggies and things like nuts. Do you eat eggs? They are filling and low carb too. A nice fritatta or omelette is great for breakfast.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Do you eat dairy? If so, cottage cheese and other low-fat cheeses have more protein than carbohydrate, so they are good. Beware of too much milk, though. Even though it has a fair amount of protein, it has even more carbohydrate.

You say you don't eat meat, but do you eat fish? If so, tuna is an easy way to get more protein in the diet. You could try a tomato stuffed with tuna salad as part of your lunch.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
(female)

mewcamaro HB User

Thanks for the reply. I do eat dairy but no cottage cheese, I do like yogurt and cheese. Also no fish, I am a picky eater so it is hard because there are so many things I do not eat.

Reply Reply