It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 11:20 AM   #1

PrincessShana HB User
Question Dangerous chocolate habit?

I have a chocolate habit of 3-4 full size chocolate bars a day (usually reese's, snickers, twix and carmellos. I am 21 years old, a female, and I don't have a weight problem. I still eat considerably healthy 3 times a day. Are there any dangers to consuming this much chocolate a day? I drink lots of water and I don't drink any coffee or other sources of caffeine.

Last edited by PrincessShana; 12-10-2003 at 11:22 AM.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: Dangerous chocolate habit?

Hello, There are dangers for pets and chocolate consumption, but not as "serious" for humans. Chocolate is supposed to have antioxidents in it, but it doesn't mean you should over do it. 3-4 full sized chocolate bars sounds like a lot to me, and you may not see anything bad happening now, but maybe latter on in life. (What I'm trying to say is that there is no way you'll be able to do that when you get older.) It really isn't the chocolate that is the bad guy. It's the stuff that's added to the candy bars like sat. fat, emulsifiers, sand, sugar, and preservatives. How about breaking up 1 candy bar into pieces and eat it through-out the day, instead of eating 1 candy bar all at one time? Fill in the rest of the void with fruits, vegies, and nuts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 06:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

The candies you list are mostly other components besides chocolate, and that is where I would see the most danger. They all contribute their dose of transfats - the worst kind of fat to eat (and it has been recommended that they be eliminated from people's diets, ideally). On top of that they are very refined, processed foods, made up mostly of simple carbohydrates. Young bodies do tend to be very forgiving about what we feed them (if you had said 1 or 2, I wouldn't have lifted an eyebrow, but I agree that 3 to 4 everyday is quite a bit), but it could catch up with you later, depending on genetic tendencies, etc., in insulin resistance or something along those lines.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:31 AM   #4

AduSmooth HB User

chew gum instead, its easy, adn get a kind you like and it will taste good

Closed Thread